Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

4 hours ago, TomWIC said:

Been many years since I posted my board, after going down to a barebone basics board. It’s still pretty much that...but a bit of an indulgent one.

Line6 G30 -> Korg Pitchblack Pro Custom -> Darkglass Hyper Luminal -> Darkglass B7K -> Darkglass Alpha Omega -> ISP Decimator

Only had the one rehearsal with the Hyper Luminal so far so still kind of getting to grips with it, but I liked what I got out of it from the settings in the photo.

03711479-C8E0-414A-9FD1-1F0CA82A9958.jpeg

Hyperluminal is a very good compressor, and without doubt the BUS compressor is the jewel in the crown - get it hooked up to the PC and tinker further and you will have a very good tight sound waiting for you

On 17/05/2019 at 14:44, Kamiel said:

DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.1def0a53cdecbcc5cbac56fb44f06b9d.JPG

No new pedals, but I do finally have my new board! If you wanna check the buildingproces and features of the board:

The order of pedals is: 

Bass ->  Compressor -> Loopswitch -> VariPhase -> Amp (bassman 100t)

And the loops:

Tuner out: Boss TU3

Loop 1: empty (is going to be an octaver if I have some money)

Loop 2: Big muff

Loop 3: Swollen Pickle

Loop 4: LPB1 -> Gun Fuzz

Loop 5: empty (is going to be a delay if I have some money)

Loop 6: qtron+

How did you arrange and power the Qtron+ as it runs off of 24v?

• Like 1

I've had a rewire, two firmware updates and a spring clean spurred on by the acquisition of two new pedals. The MS-60B and the Tape Echo are the newbies. I've tried to explain to my house mate how life changing this is and how happy I am with my beautiful new signal chain but for some reason his eyes are glazing over... However I feel basschaters being the most cultured of all individuals will understand my giddiness. 😁 Xx

IMG_20200320_220032.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Akio Dāku said:

I've tried to explain to my house mate how life changing this is and how happy I am with my beautiful new signal chain but for some reason his eyes are glazing over...

Possibly because you have previously explained how life-changing each of the other dozen pedals was? 🤣

• Haha 3

It's a very crappy pic, but this is my "new" setup. I've been using it for a while now, but today I put the power plant on the top (because under the pedals was always falling). And also the Ampeg Liquifier has replaced the Mooer Ensemble Queen. I don't really like small pedals (the HPF and LPF must be there, so no complaints). I really like it. The signal goes this way:

Tuner-->HPF-->Compressor-->Octaver-->Overdrive/Fuzz-->Chorus-->Delay-->Booster-->LPF-->Preamp

20200321_165700.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@Akio Dāku how does your set up mainly get used? Home use only, studio recording and/or live use solo or with a band? 

All three really, I use it for home practice, I produced/compose with it and I perform as a solo bassist/vocalist. I'll get some pics tomorrow to show the box properly but basically my entire rig collapses into the box, mic stand and all. Here's a gig pic showing the front of the box so you can kinda get the idea. 😎 Xx

FB_IMG_1561825295842.jpg

Edited by Akio Dāku
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Akio Dāku said:

All three really, I use it for home practice, I produced/compose with it and I perform as a solo bassist/vocalist. I'll get some pics tomorrow to show the box properly but basically my entire rig collapses into the box, mic stand and all. Here's a gig pic showing the front of the box so you can kinda get the idea. 😎 Xx

FB_IMG_1561825295842.jpg

Holy crap, you are the spitting image of my brother!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Excellent! Better still please post a clip of you using the board live! 

Here's a set from about a year ago, its not this signal chain and the sound's not great but its the only video I have of a full performance, oh and just a warning, I do use profanity, so if you're easily offended you've been warned; 

I'll still do some better pics for you shortly too.

9 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Holy crap, you are the spitting image of my brother!

Sounds like he's a handsome fellow. 😜 Xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

... pics of my fairly recent first build (version 2). The first version had a Radial Tonebone Bassbone in place of the DI and instrument switcher, however it was far from silent for some unknown reason. Hence this layout, less extra electronics and as quiet as it should be. There is also a Cioks DC7 underneath the Nano + powering it all.

89971697_Pedalboardbuildtopview.thumb.jpg.08b3d2aa5d7176f8a74fc19a9608d5f6.jpg

229621367_Pedalboardbuildrearview.thumb.jpg.051023c6227c1d152136925e22c9f7ab.jpg

1076831263_Pedalboardbuildfrontview.thumb.jpg.e850e00e5c4cc03cfea9359be0d84b77.jpg

Edited by jimbobothy
addition of information
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

... pics of my fairly recent first build (version 2). The first version had a Radial Tonebone Bassbone in place of the DI and instrument switcher, however it was far from silent for some unknown reason. Hence this layout, less extra electronics and as quiet as it should be. There is also a Cioks DC7 underneath the Nano + powering it all.

89971697_Pedalboardbuildtopview.thumb.jpg.08b3d2aa5d7176f8a74fc19a9608d5f6.jpg

229621367_Pedalboardbuildrearview.thumb.jpg.051023c6227c1d152136925e22c9f7ab.jpg

1076831263_Pedalboardbuildfrontview.thumb.jpg.e850e00e5c4cc03cfea9359be0d84b77.jpg

Very nice and slick - pray tell, what is your signal path?

• Like 1

Hey glassmoon,

It's straight forward and couldn't think of any decent alternative really.

Either 1 or 2 basses into the Radial Bigshot I/O instrument selector, that has a dedicated tuner out (that is mutable). Then output of selector into IN of HX Stomp, OUT of HX Stomp into input of Radial JDi, then through out of DI to FOH and Thru to amp/cab etc.

For practice or recording I just use the USB into my laptop, so DI not used then.

As I mentioned my first attempt was using a Radial Tonebone Bassbone, with the HX Stomp in it's effects loop (using a dedicated TRS to x2 TS cable). It also has a dedicated tuner out. That was the ideal setup as the Tonebone has 2 inputs, both with eq, and the HX Stomp could be clicked in and out at will. However for some reason the Cioks DC7 didn't like powering both units as I got all sorts of weird electrical noises. I put a post on the Helix thread on here (and emailed Cioks about it, but not reply from them as of yet).

326935439_Pedalboardbuild1stversion.thumb.jpg.b4b5601b3a701218c2ec07c5de95e9d4.jpg

Both set ups are good, but the second one, even though it is not quite as versatile, is still great and as you may know, all sorts of stuff is available from the HX Stomp anyhow!

On a side note the Evidence Audio SIS plug system is very easy to work with and great that it's very quick to get the cables spot on. 

Edited by jimbobothy
Slight correction of sentence
  • Like 2

On 03/04/2020 at 17:13, jimbobothy said:

Hey glassmoon,

It's straight forward and couldn't think of any decent alternative really.

Either 1 or 2 basses into the Radial Bigshot I/O instrument selector, that has a dedicated tuner out (that is mutable). Then output of selector into IN of HX Stomp, OUT of HX Stomp into input of Radial JDi, then through out of DI to FOH and Thru to amp/cab etc.

For practice or recording I just use the USB into my laptop, so DI not used then.

As I mentioned my first attempt was using a Radial Tonebone Bassbone, with the HX Stomp in it's effects loop (using a dedicated TRS to x2 TS cable). It also has a dedicated tuner out. That was the ideal setup as the Tonebone has 2 inputs, both with eq, and the HX Stomp could be clicked in and out at will. However for some reason the Cioks DC7 didn't like powering both units as I got all sorts of weird electrical noises. I put a post on the Helix thread on here (and emailed Cioks about it, but not reply from them as of yet).

326935439_Pedalboardbuild1stversion.thumb.jpg.b4b5601b3a701218c2ec07c5de95e9d4.jpg

Both set ups are good, but the second one, even though it is not quite as versatile, is still great and as you may know, all sorts of stuff is available from the HX Stomp anyhow!

On a side note the Evidence Audio SIS plug system is very easy to work with and great that it's very quick to get the cables spot on. 

Hey Jimbobothy... Great response, and that makes perfect sense. I was wondering, I think, how the BigShot fitted into everything.... 

Quick question re. the BassBone, as I use one currently..... If you use the TRS cable for the effects loop, and you have a tuner connected, how do you do muted tuning? I currently have a dummy jack in the loop so I can mute silently, but would rather use an effects loop, aaaaaaand be able to use a dedicated tuner output. 

Thanks in advance mate... 

Hey glassmoon,

The Bassbone manual (just read it again) suggests this:

'You can also use the powerbooster circuit as a ‘mute’ to turn off the output to your guitar amp while the signal continues to drive the tuner. This can be done by turning off the power boost volume in boost mode'

so for a silent tune, just turn off the boost volume when tuning, making a note of where is was before you turned it down lol.

Cioks got back to me today regarding the DC7 and basically said the Tonebone Bassbone circuit design doesn't work well with switching power supplies and that they are working on the noise issue (something about 2 different kinds of grounding used in the Bassbone??) Doesn't really help me in going back to my version 1 setup, but least they got back to me and will help folks in the future 😁.