Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

10 hours ago, Higgie said:

Little bit of soldering done today.

Red - XLR Out - Balanced out straight from the Left Output of the HX Stomp to the desk

Blue and Green - XLR Ins - L and R IEM feeds. I work with a lot of different sound guys from gig to gig, so I usually won’t know whether I have a mono or stereo IEM feed until I get there, and sometimes I won’t even have control of my own mix.

To combat this, I take one side of the Stomp and connect it Yellow. The Schmidt Array connection box has a clever little function in that the Yellow and Green jacks are connected internally, so if you don’t connect anything to them on the external side, signal flows straight from Yellow to Green. This is originally designed for people who want the option of using their amps Fx Loop or just putting everything in front of the Amp. I’ve repurposed this idea so that if I can’t control my own mix, my bass will be sent directly to the Behringer P1, and I can use the balance knob to control the level of my bass separately to the monitor feed. Then all i’ll have to do if I get a stereo feed, is plug the Green jack in and the signal will reroute automatically. 

Yellow will also double as an output to an Amp if needed (I don’t use an amp these days). Black and White are my Bass Input and IEM Output, respectively.

0697644D-0ED6-4EF2-9702-B18A03F2FA28.jpeg

you're still teasing us with these close up detail shots!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stewblack said:

I have a similar issue. My Q-Tron was bought because I liked the Zoom patch based upon it. And I think the Zoom does it better. 

You guys are probably talking about different Q-Trons perhaps? The Micro is the newer one and not held in as high regard. The Mini sounds amazing, if it didn't have an annoying volume boost and the sweep was set to start at a lower frequency, it'd be up there with the vintage Mutrons!

Edited by dannybuoy

Just now, dannybuoy said:

You guys are probably talking about different Q-Trons perhaps? The Micro is the newer one and not held in high regard. The Mini sounds amazing, if it didn't have an annoying volume boost and the sweep was set to start at a lower frequency, it'd be up there with the vintage Mutrons!

was just about to start a separate thread on this. Asking what I'm doing wrong. Andy knows what he's about so clearly I must be missing something. 

This could explain my problem. It just doesn't do very much. The Zoom produces a lovely thick, liquid filter but the Tron seems to do very little of anything. 

18 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

You guys are probably talking about different Q-Trons perhaps? The Micro is the newer one and not held in as high regard. The Mini sounds amazing, if it didn't have an annoying volume boost and the sweep was set to start at a lower frequency, it'd be up there with the vintage Mutrons!

Yeah mine is the old “mini” - the micro wasn’t as nice to my ears.

14 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Just used an ME-50B at rehearsal, absolutely dandy thing - first time in ages I’ve used one.

I’m not mad on effects so this will do me just fine.

That's the conclusion I came to. I just needed a little bit of colour on a handful of tunes and the Zoom B3 (or in your case the ME-50B) will be more than adequate for that. It's easy to vanish down a rabbit hole of chorus pedals, dirt boxes, compressors and self destruct buttons, when the only people that really care about those comparatively tiny nuances of tone are the ones holding the bass. Obviously, if you play in a glitchy, dub shoegaze combo, then that's a different deal, but your average weekend warrior could get by on a handful of judiciously chosen FX. That said, it's always fun to collect stuff and as I've mentioned on a previous post, those NASA Mission Control inspired creations must be brilliant fun to use -although I'd be constantly worrying that one wrong combination of pedal switchage would accidentally trigger The Rapture. 

• Haha 2

Effects for me have become more of a fun home hobby. I actually enjoy stripping and rebuilding boards, buying new clips and tirs for tidying cables, making patch leads, practising with ludicrous combinations of weird noises in a style unsuited to my current bands. But live, well, a bit of funky wah quack, a bit of grit and a volume boost cover most things.

So here it is! My SA450. The wiring inside is a mess so will probably redo that at some point, but it’s pretty much done for the most part.

Probably overkill, but I use two GigRig Generators, one to power the Stomp, and the other powers the rest. IEC Splitter cable coming tomorrow so that I can power both Generators from one IEC. 

Signal chain:

Octamizer > Cali76 > Future Impact > Stomp

Misson engineering TT2 acts as Footswitch 4 and 5 on the Stomp, and the MC6 controls everything else, and will control the FI too once I buy some more MIDI jacks. The Prunes and Custard will go in one of the Stomp’s loops. There’s a tiny bit of space left underneath for something else, haven’t decided what yet! Behringer P1 for IEMs, and Temple Audio USB Power adaptor to charge my phone/iPad from the board.

96FD6F53-FDDB-44E4-82CC-BFC439CFFD4F.jpeg

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 3

After 15 years of bass playing, I got sick of having pedals to plug in every practice... so I got myself a small pedalboard. 

-Tuner: a very old Korg DT10, it’s a tank but still works fine. 
-Compressor: Ampeg Opto Comp. Does a good job as well, I don’t like my sound to be ultra-compressed and this one is subtle enough. 
-Harley Benton (Joyo) Ultimate Drive: a cheap OCD clone, for when I need an overdriven sound. Couldn’t be arsed spending a ton of cash on Darkglass. 
-Fuzz: EHX Green Russian Big Muff, which actually belongs to my guitarist. I only use it on one song. 
-SansAmp BDDI V2: the core of my sound, my main preamp. After a few months on an Aguilar TH DI, I decided to go back to a SansAmp, as I was missing that tone. 

C0307C22-3CA7-4EFC-AA3F-957A4244108C.jpeg

• Like 2

On 26/11/2019 at 23:17, rushbo said:

Finish it! Finish it now!

Still need to do the lid, it's in the R&D stage right now. Here is the board/case. The beauty of this material, apart from it being beautiful in and of itself, is its lightweight construction, very easy to work with, relatively inexpensive, and extremely simple to repair. As time goes by and with each additional strip of tape it becomes not only more robust but also increasingly resistant to rain and spillages. Enough if the sales pitch, here you go

IMG_20191129_202857.jpg

IMG_20191129_202819.jpg

IMG_20191129_202743.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just done a total makeover on the board, and it's stripped to the basics I need. Really liking the Sansamp Para so far (just arrived), particularly for the fretless as it gives me a lot more mid control. Find the drive very dirty personally but like the EQ and sound, a lot. Used with 2 fretted Fenders (J & P) with EB Cobalts on, a Jazz with LaBell 760FL, and the Jazz fretless with Cobalts - into a GB900. Chasing the sound and getting happier.

So I submit my humble board.

pb1.jpg

• Like 2

On 30 November 2019 at 17:03, Soledad said:

Just done a total makeover on the board, and it's stripped to the basics I need. Really liking the Sansamp Para so far (just arrived), particularly for the fretless as it gives me a lot more mid control. Find the drive very dirty personally but like the EQ and sound, a lot. Used with 2 fretted Fenders (J & P) with EB Cobalts on, a Jazz with LaBell 760FL, and the Jazz fretless with Cobalts - into a GB900. Chasing the sound and getting happier.

So I submit my humble board.

pb1.jpg

Nice quality set up.  What's the pedal board and the power supply.

14 hours ago, garyt said:

What's the pedal board and the power supply.

👍 Gary. The board is home made, just 12mm ply with ramped and caps. Power supply mounted under is an Ammoon 8 way 500mA - found on AMZN for around £35. I really rate the power supply, nicely made, small and light, quiet. Had some Panzergrau spray can left so gave it a lick-over. Panzergrau sounds like it'll get on with the job, no??
Need to do some cable tying but have to shift the comp a bit first as the DI on the Sans is on the left side - I'd have liked it on the back but apart from that I like the Sans Para a lot.

Rebuild complete!

New additions are the loop station, meatbox and thumpinator (underside) 

The meatbox is on a paralell loop through the LS2 so I can add it to any patch when I feel like it. 

This took a serious amount of pedal tetris to achieve. It's my most dense/power hungry board to date for sure. 

In- meatbox (dry) - fea comp - es8 (all loops) - LS2 (+meatbox wet) - loop station - microthumpinator - out

20191210_045956.jpg

• Like 2

On 28/11/2019 at 00:20, Jonathan Bee said:

@GisserD Can the Manta do things that the C4 can't? Or is it just easier to edit on the fly? 

sorry i thaught id replied to this!

quite right Its just easier on the fly. it very nearly diddnt make the cut this time but every time i play with it i find somthing new and cool. Im STILL learning this pedal 6 years later. it truely is one of the best filters out there IMHO.

On 04/12/2019 at 00:41, AngelDeVille said:

I’m experimenting with the pedals I have so I added a bunch of drives.

I’m trying to chase down a synth pedal on Craigslist and my DI box arrives this week.

91-FC6-AAA-F9-C9-4-E4-C-BB74-62-D94-C845

the old set-up

58-D6-F089-E8-C0-473-F-8711-7-C28-B407-A

It took 9 days to chase down the synth pedal....

I’m too tired to try the pedal now...

F00475-A0-1917-4116-AF1-A-18-CA2-E9-B2-E

• Like 1

Compact and versatile. Also runs on battery with Joyo JP-05 (for a while anyway). The C4 is mostly replacing the Manta so far.

Does anyone know where you can get one of those button covers that will fit the FI. Would go with the nice purple housing its just got. Changed from the super compact and ditched the tuner. Hense button needed. 

20191217_070452.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Helbass said:

To make it even more simple, you can use the Toneprint software to set a HPF on your Spectracomp but I don't know if it will worth the Thumpinator.

I've read about Toneprint, but never used it.  Could the pedal be re-configured so that the knob affects the cut-off frequency, and then have it apply compression only below that frequency?