Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I'm at the design stage of a big board, a few sketches and ideas for methods and materials - no more. 

Interim board for gigging while the build takes shape:

Valeton does  a good OC2 impression but there is a volume drop hence mini GEQ close by so I can stomp both simultaneously. 

MS-60B does HPF duty and the odd bit of chorus, flanger and such. 

Two distortions, Caline pretty much always on to grubby up the sound and help the Bassballs shine. The MXR for when stuff gets nasty towards the end of the set. 

IMG_20191115_013447.thumb.jpg.d7a276ac576f5970e054d3441fe61fbd.jpg

Seeing as I took a picture for another thread I thought I’d post it here. 

Signal is

1. pitchblack mini (want to replace as the patch cable pops out when I press it with my foot although I might see if it’s just the jack that needs bending) may change to a polytune 

2. Wilson Freaker wah mini

3. homemade fuzz (Russian big muff with blend knob)

4. VT Bass 

I am contemplating whether to get a thumpinator. Do I actually need one? I hear lot of praise for them but is it snake oil? What would be the benefit for me? I play doom/stoner so it’s drop C if that would make a difference. 

0996704A-3E7E-457D-A1C9-1A7D4CAC3877.thumb.jpeg.bcbc1b37a801c09a6999b0d3f2f1ef41.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's my pedal board. It's made from the iconic Ikea shelving. I've managed to build 3 boards altogether from one twin-pack and still have bits left over to make a 4th! 

bassboard.thumb.jpg.51729d0f2c9548ed7166625df8c8dddc.jpg

The board is being rejigged to fit the Mooer S8 PSU, a great PSU with 18v for the MXR, 3 fully isolated 9v supplies and the other 4 with shared ground.

The HM-3 is run in parallel in the loop of the LS-3, an idea given to me by Ian "Robber" Reynolds although I think he said he used an HM-2 but I got muddled up when buying the pedal off Fleabay.  I sometimes swap out the HM-3 for an OD-3 which gives a very very nice drive tone. It is, as the cork sniffers would say, a "transparent" pedal. The compressor is the 2nd/3rd pedal I ever bough back in the late 80's!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingalex said:

Kev , why you have additional tuner ?

Why indeed!

The tuner was on the board before the Shure, and I am using the second output of the tuner to feed a clean signal to the key input of the noise gate.  If I sold the tuner, I’d need to pick up a splitter box and it would cost me as much for a decent one.  So the tuner stays for now.

Also, if my wireless was to fail mid gig, the Shure unit is rendered useless as it has no cable input, so having the boss means I still have a tuner and a way of muting my signal, should I need it.

• Thanks 1

On 22/11/2019 at 22:37, stewblack said:

IMG_20191122_223657.thumb.jpg.d6f866f29b1bde2dec966bb6ce60c543.jpg

A masterpiece of lateral thinking. Who needs a Helix doohickey anyway?

I often look at my Zoom B3 and think "I wonder what would what happen if I got another and daisy chained them together? Then I remind myself that I only ever use three or four fx, so I give my head a wobble and go and have a lie down until the thought finally passes. 

They certainly are expensive. But having received it, I can see why. The thing just oozes quality and the attention to detail and pure craftsmanship is outstanding. Martyn at Schmidt Array’s customer service is also one of the best I’ve ever come across. Lovely chap. Got some unexpected time on my hands so the board build is taking place as we speak....