Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

My latest incarnation 😊 probably MK20 😂

Starts with the EBS Multicomp set on multiband mode with a higher threshold on the treble freqs.

Into a Boss Ls2 to split the signal, the main line has the following 

Malekko Scrutator (with Moog expression pedal, filter set to low pass)

MXR Bass Envelope filter 

Cog Custom Grand Tarkin Fuzz

Source Audio Gemini Chorus (with chorus/flanger/phaser/resonator/envelope phaser programmed in)

Loop A

Aguilar Octamizer (set for clean deep octave)

Cog Custom T65 octave (set with no clean and a tight fuzzy octave, with a hint of dirty octave up, for synth.

These can be used directly or mixed in parallel with fuzz/envelope.

Loop B 

Dope Fx Boba Fuzz (Gated Wooley Mammoth clone, with added mid control and 3 way sub switch and internal impedance control, more like a Mastotron)

Source Audio Manta filter (set with a reverse low pass setting and a multi peak setting similar to the bassballs.

All of these are mixed to taste  with the clean signal! via the Ls2 😁

20190607_195824.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

The above gentleman has already caused the board update below to be out of date! Lol! 

Bit of a back to the future (impact) for me with both Stomp and FI back on the board.  Said farewell to two filter pedals (Fwonkbeta and MXR BEF) one mini multifx (MX-60B), two comps (Keeley Bassist and TC Spectracomp) - decent comp on both my Zoom B1X-4 and a multiband on the Stomp.

New at the end of the board with XLR output is the Q\Strip which was recently traded in exchange for a Yammy BB 425. Space on the board for Gecko Mk III midi control, in due course, and Mooer Lofi incoming to provide a pretty decent bitcrush / sample rate reduction. 

Particularly chuffed at finally getting the HX Stomp and SA Hub (both via USB) and Panda FI (via Roland UM-One midi interface) all connected up to the PC to enable easy access to software editing. Should keep me out of mischief for the rest of the summer :)

PB - 1906.jpg

Zoom B1X-4, as a slimline easy gig-bag-fit all in one pedal board / tuner / headphone amp, continues to provide all I need (for now!) for rehearsals and gigs.

... oh yes and I almost forgot! My much loved Valeton OC-10, which does a better Boss OC-2 tone than anything else I've come across, has been rendered otiose and is now in the FS. That is entirely down to the amazing new patches that @Quatschmacher has recently been putting together for the FI:

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, krispn said:

@Al Krow Can I have dibs on the Stomp when you get the Mooer  :)

Haha sure. But may not get the Mooer GE 300 until late 2019 (would make for a nice b/day pressie), and possibly never at all if it proves to pants for bass! 

23 minutes ago, krispn said:

Just putting the feelers out :) Why the change of heart on the stomp?

I'm perhaps a bit weird in having my premier rig set up in my home studio - it's where I get to hear all the nuances of bass tone that we BC'ers eternally pursue. 

Playing live with a full rock band and ear plugs, nuances of bass tone for me (and everyone else!) are just lost! 

I've discovered that the Zoom B1X-4 multifx has an underlying 'digital noise' when notes are played. Something completely unnoticeable in a live situation, so that little pedal is working just fine for live use for me, right now. 

But now I've picked up on this digital noise (ped's fault!) and having a Berg CN212 cab that has greater articulation and clarity than anything I've had before, means I find his noise a distraction for home studio use.

A bit long winded (apologies) but that's why the Stomp has made a return to my home board! 

5 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

If you're just using the Stomp in your home studio, take advantage of the fact that Stomp owners get a big discount on Helix Native and install that on your DAW before you sell it!

Or I could just use the (free?) Helix HX editor and not pay a penny more?

39 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The HX Editor is just an editor for a Helix device. If you sell your Stomp, that software will be useless.

Helix Native is an entire Helix running inside your PC for £79 (with discount, £315 normally!).

Indeed, but if I sell my Stomp I presume that will be because I don't want to use it any more, or because something better has come along? 😉

@dannyboy I don't think @Al Krow means "studio" in the traditional sense and maybe more of a room where he plays his gear as opposed to doing a lot of on the computer recording/editing etc.

@Al KrowIf there is a code going free for a cheap version of the Helix Native software I'll happily pay the £79 quid if you're not gonna use it!

On 05/05/2019 at 16:42, blablas said:

Up till now it works flawless. All slots are used and the two variable outputs are being used at 12 V.

After a bit of searching, I found the HB ISO-2 is just like at lot of their other products, rebadged generic items. I found the same item badged up as a Vitoos ISO8 on ebay for £35 (£40 with £5 off promotion).

It arrived yesterday and I plugged it into my guitar rig with a few normally noisy pedals. This thing is good, hardly any noise at all from the pedals, the 12v and 18v powering respective pedals with ease.

On 10/06/2019 at 17:57, krispn said:

@Al KrowIf there is a code going free for a cheap version of the Helix Native software I'll happily pay the £79 quid if you're not gonna use it!

Its not a code, its just that price if you have a helix device registered to your account. I am going to pick that up when I remember. In which case I won't need to bring my helix HX effects in, as I will have the full helix here!

On 01/03/2019 at 15:29, blablas said:

AMpnpkX.jpg

Time for another update.
8dsQzGO.jpg
Moved a few pedals around, removed the Joyo compressor, added a tc electronic 3RD Dimension chorus and reinstated the Boss tremolo instead of the CKK electronics tremolo.
Yellow switch caps before and after the noise gate, the black ones are in the noise gate FX loop... Not really a necessary or useful update, done just because I can.😀

Edited by blablas
typo
  • Like 1

Haven’t posted here in a long time. Having a massive gear clearout and these are the survivors for my synthy board:

B8558516-A514-45CD-A248-0932B52B4658.thumb.jpeg.84454f7ad1ad28ab7484f327170a60f9.jpeg

There’s also a TC Polytune Mini just out of frame to the right.

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 14:02, CameronJ said:

Haven’t posted here in a long time. Having a massive gear clearlut and these are the survivors for my synthy board:

B8558516-A514-45CD-A248-0932B52B4658.thumb.jpeg.84454f7ad1ad28ab7484f327170a60f9.jpeg

There’s also a TC Polytune Mini just out of frame to the right.

Everything you'll ever need right there! Well maybe a nice compressor 😉😙😁

3 hours ago, lee650 said:

Everything you'll ever need right there! Well maybe a nice compressor 😉😙😁

Indeed! Although I’m perhaps slightly regretting selling my Creation Grizzly. Might have been better in place of the Pork Loin...Still, the Loin gets synthier than the grizzly so maybe I made the right decision after all!

Purchased a new board and was surprised at how little time it took me to get everything relatively neat. 

With room for expansion 

Tuner > EQ > octave > Alpha Omega > blend pedal with the 2 meatboy fuzz pedals in the loop > phaser > chorus 

IMG_20190628_195706_651.jpg

Edited by mikebass84