Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 01/05/2019 at 22:16, Al Krow said:

Home 'creative' pedal board

PB - 1904.jpg

Live pedal board(!)

image.png.7d1e7cb96a9b8529a9505b78f6d74958.png

(Ok so it doesn't arrive for a couple of days, but I'm already looking forward to it!) :) 

see bit OT as it's a question about your setup rather than photos of mine... 
Why not just take the HX stomp out live? 
Reason I ask is I'm thinking changing my B3n for a stomp. But you've had both and then gone for the B1x live... I'm confused

On 11/05/2019 at 22:46, Stub Mandrel said:

Just added a Behringer Ultra Tremelo for 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' but I've a feeling it will be hard to synch the 'drum machine' to it. If I punch in a rhythm he will punch me back... 🙂

We did some 'A B testing' last night and decided playing staccato eights sounds better defined.

To finish the set I need a really f'd up sound already got HM2, Flange and Chorus so going to use the tremelo on that as well for maximum noise death.

Newly arrived Zoom B1X-4 on the 'creative' home use board and can be easily 'whipped off' for rehearsals and gigs as a solo pedal. Drive pedals currently under review and I suspect one of them may be for the chop as I'm starting to manage to get some decent drive patches on the Zoom multi! That would then potentially free up space for a bitcrusher. The Zoom has already paid for itself several times over :) 

PB - 1905.jpg

• Like 4

DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.1def0a53cdecbcc5cbac56fb44f06b9d.JPG

No new pedals, but I do finally have my new board! If you wanna check the buildingproces and features of the board:

The order of pedals is: 

Bass ->  Compressor -> Loopswitch -> VariPhase -> Amp (bassman 100t)

And the loops:

Tuner out: Boss TU3

Loop 1: empty (is going to be an octaver if I have some money)

Loop 2: Big muff

Loop 3: Swollen Pickle

Loop 4: LPB1 -> Gun Fuzz

Loop 5: empty (is going to be a delay if I have some money)

Loop 6: qtron+

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Here's my little set up. The grey pedal is an always on blender so I can use the my EBS pedals at the same time without having to overdrive the octave sound.

The Zoom is plugged provides me with flanger, chorus and/or phaser. Many of the time, it's on a patch with parametric EQ (to have a sort of HPF: -12 dB from 20 to 32 Hz) and noise reduction. It's also my tuner.

1890494287_pdalier.thumb.jpg.89f78fbd1fed2ee7670690375420fa62.jpg

Edited by Helbass
I now have a board and I've rearranged the pedals order
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

@Kev with all that space why have the polytune sideways? Genuine question, never used one! 

Being so slim and being the first pedal in line, it feels better/ more secure to have it on its side and a right angle jack feeding it.

......also, I don’t have a matching pancake cable long enough to accommodate it in portrait ....😂

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

Got my Duality back from being checked over and all is well. Phantom fault that hopefully I won’t see again. 

New PT2 and Voodoo lab 4x4 power supply with  Neutrik jack plugs and Van Damme cable. Finished for now at least 

🤘😜🤘

6BA6F1D0-143D-413A-8645-3330143E3D64.jpeg

• Like 4

634A7548-4F24-4512-8A65-C445AE33EBDA.thumb.jpeg.ba0d08e68fa909d90b7a5b4507d8a8ca.jpeg

This is more or less my current board.  I've already swapped out the Manta for an MF101. 

The OC2 is new and I’m still A/Bing it with the Okto Nojs. The ON is very good for synth stuff and a bit fatter sounding but OC2 just has that hollow slightly resonant thing going on that makes it a win when played solo. I doubt I’d notice the difference with a fuzz going on though and the Nojs side sounds unlike any other fuzz I’ve played. I certainly can’t get close with the Mastotron, but it lacks a gate control. I have a Source Audio eq pedal in the post and part of the reason is with the idea of boosting the OC2 when running it in parallel. 

Edit. The OC2 really is quite low output in pure Oct 1 mode. I'm definitely going to need the boost. However, if the signal is balanced with the Mastotron, it's a great synth engine and despite all the online griping about tracking, I don't think its notably worse than the Okto Nojs provided you don't go below about A. It hangs onto the note longer than the Mastotron does with the gating set tight anyway.  I'm starting to wish I had more loops... this is getting out of hand.

Edited by radiophonic
  • Like 2

On 02/06/2019 at 21:44, garyt said:

Nice set up.  What is the chain and how are you using the Line Selector?

The line selector just separates the Animato and the Big muff (Loop A Animato, Loop B Big muff+FM4)

Wireless->Tuner->Octave-RadialABY-> (OUTPUT A TO BOSS LS2) OUTPUT B TO CLEAN AMP

44 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

The line selector just separates the Animato and the Big muff (Loop A Animato, Loop B Big muff+FM4)

Wireless->Tuner->Octave-RadialABY-> (OUTPUT A TO BOSS LS2) OUTPUT B TO CLEAN AMP

If you wanted, could you potentially dispense with the Radial ABY, by putting the relevant pedals into an LS2 loop?

But as space isn't a limiting factor on your board, no particular need I guess.

41 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If you wanted, could you potentially dispense with the Radial ABY, by putting the relevant pedals into an LS2 loop?

But as space isn't a limiting factor on your board, no particular need I guess.

I forgot to mention that this board is designed for a 2 amp setup so i need the radial still