Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I now have a populated pedalboard. The delayw as modded today to take a proper 9V socket.

Pedalboard.thumb.JPG.0d605f5ff7974930d94208bc792fe09e.JPG

The Mini Fazer is awaiting arrival of a packet of power sockets as is a nearly finished Fuzz Face made with real old germanium transistors carefully selected for gain.

13 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I now have a populated pedalboard. The delayw as modded today to take a proper 9V socket.

Pedalboard.thumb.JPG.0d605f5ff7974930d94208bc792fe09e.JPG

The Mini Fazer is awaiting arrival of a packet of power sockets as is a nearly finished Fuzz Face made with real old germanium transistors carefully selected for gain.

That is the most age spanning board I’ve ever seen 70’s - present covered with a good smattering of 80’s. An eclectic mix of pedals too. Do you use this for Bass or guitar?

1 hour ago, NoirBass said:

That is the most age spanning board I’ve ever seen 70’s - present covered with a good smattering of 80’s. An eclectic mix of pedals too. Do you use this for Bass or guitar?

That's because I hardly ever get rid of anything - my old wah went walkies and I gave away my Arion Chorus when I got the Ibanez. Saddest loss was 'Doc's Monster Fuzz' which I built into a Maplin pedal box and which was something like a fuzz face with two op amp stages following it and could knock down walls.

Chiefly for bass, occasionally used for guitar.

If you are REALLY brave listen to  a clip of 'Sonic Attack'. I recorded this in 1985, my oldest extant recording (sadly the 'Mindless Violence' tape got lost) just straight into my ghetto blaster using my old wah on my KT-2 guitar with the Doc's Monster Fuzz. The keyboard is a yellow toy one with a basic sequencer playing through a box using a TTL chip as a frequency divider. Probably the worst guitar playing ever...

Edited by Stub Mandrel

40 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Curious to know why you’re thinking of replacing the B3n with the B1Four, Bas? Of course it’s cheaper but if you’ve already sunk costs into the B3n...

The B3N got moved on back in Jan 'cos the Stomp was/is in a different league.

However the ability to slip the B1X4 into a gig bag pouch and with the added fun of an expression pedal, means I can see barriers to me getting it out the door are going to just disappear. And because of my previous experience with ToneLib, it'll be a doddle to set it up with some half decent patches. 

In a live mix nuances of bass tone totally get lost for me, particularly with ear plugs in! And I already notice bass tone much more than my bandmates or audiences.

So, slightly bizarrely, I'm likely to appreciate having a Stomp much more at home, where I can hear the difference, than when playing with my bands. 

Edited by Al Krow

Al: I like the mono synth.... we do a few numbers like Material Girl by Madonna where it’s great for getting most of the way towards the sound of the original. And coz there’s only me and one guitar it really helps fill out the breakdowns. True, if you want a real bass synth then, erm, buy a synth 😄 but honestly for £115 it was a no brainer. Tracking is fine (if you work on your muting technique), and the preset store, edit and recall is dead easy. It’s a keeper!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

Al: I like the mono synth.... we do a few numbers like Material Girl by Madonna where it’s great for getting most of the way towards the sound of the original. And coz there’s only me and one guitar it really helps fill out the breakdowns. True, if you want a real bass synth then, erm, buy a synth 😄 but honestly for £115 it was a no brainer. Tracking is fine (if you work on your muting technique), and the preset store, edit and recall is dead easy. It’s a keeper!

Yeah I've deffo got my eye on one of those! (Can't afford a future impact 😁)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higgins.plays.bass said:

big Ashdown octaver

I was practising through a hefty Ashdown head yesterday.

Everyone was getting a bit fed up as it had a strange chorusy/double tracked sound that was driving me round the bend. I kept fiddling trying to get it to go.

Turned out the previous user has turned the 'sub' control up to to about ten o'clock to get a subtle octave. I had assumed it was a control for if you had a sub-woofer fitted.

Of course when I finally figured it out, I turned it up full, went to the dusty end and annoyed everyone with some 'Royal Blood' style widdling :-)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I was practising through a hefty Ashdown head yesterday.

Everyone was getting a bit fed up as it had a strange chorusy/double tracked sound that was driving me round the bend. I kept fiddling trying to get it to go.

Turned out the previous user has turned the 'sub' control up to to about ten o'clock to get a subtle octave. I had assumed it was a control for if you had a sub-woofer fitted.

Of course when I finally figured it out, I turned it up full, went to the dusty end and annoyed everyone with some 'Royal Blood' style widdling :-)

Oh man, I did the same thing! I used to have a huge Ashdown combo way back when, I figured the sub button was just a big & weird low end injection, never even knew octave down was a thing at that point! I think that amp was my second amp ever!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Higgins.plays.bass said:

Current pedalboard, I'm planning to swap out the tremolo for an EQD Hummingbird, then swap out the big Ashdown octaver for maybe a smaller octaver, & something else fun... maybe a phaser.

20190423_134934.jpg

If you want a nuts phaser, try pigtronix bass envelope phaser. Massive sound. Really unusual!

10 hours ago, Higgins.plays.bass said:

Current pedalboard, I'm planning to swap out the tremolo for an EQD Hummingbird, then swap out the big Ashdown octaver for maybe a smaller octaver, & something else fun... maybe a phaser.

20190423_134934.jpg

This is a sick board. Loving that OG Rat Tail. How you enjoying the Polara? 

On 01/03/2019 at 14:29, blablas said:

Two new power supplies under the hood. Harley Benton ISO-1 Pro and ISO-2 Pro. The ISO-2 was chosen due to the need for 12 Volt with the Two Notes LeBass and the DG Microtubes X.

How do you find the ISO-2? Been looking for a PSU with an 18v output for my MXR M117.

My current small board provides 5 basic amps tones20190508_134035.thumb.jpg.66f95b17f145e085774ba7f39dc651eb.jpg

I have now replaced the Bass BDI 21 with a Zoom B1-Four

20190508_134124.thumb.jpg.c892b7b3b3ae4b5c1516356fcb761568.jpg

The B1-Four will offer many more Amp Tone presets and hopefully come close to my main board with a small footprint.

20190508_135316.thumb.jpg.8c11fb85f5ba889a013f009d279055d1.jpg

• Like 1