Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

So after many many years of buying and selling/trading pedals (with some notable regrets) I have finally settled on what I think will be my final solution. Relatively simple by comparison to some of the examples in this threat (including some of my own) but it has everything I need and nothing that I don't.

As you might guess, I do tend to go down the more ambient/avant-garde route of bass playing so quality delay and reverb is a must. All loaded onto a Pedaltrain Nano and powered by the excellent Truetone CS6 neatly installed underneath.

Board.jpg

Edited by cLepto-bass
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cLepto-bass said:

So after many many years of buying and selling/trading pedals (with some notable regrets) I have finally settled on what I think will be my final solution. Relatively simple by comparison to some of the examples in this thread (including some of my own) but it has everything I need and nothing that I don't.

Oh, how many times have I said that to myself and my fellow BCers! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Oh, how many times have I said that to myself and my fellow BCers! 😂

Normally I would agree with you but I am going on a European tour in a few months and as I solo artist, I will be mostly travelling by train so need to keep gear to a minimum.  Besides, these literally are the only pedals I use.

Well I got a bigger pedalboard (Pedaltrain Jnr), only to have a rejiggle and ive now all but filled it 😁

So ive the Wonderful 3 leaf Pwnzor compressor, set for slight compression as this thing is more of a tone enhancer,like the Diamond.

Then into the Cog T65 octave which has a Zvex Mastatron,Mooer Lofi Machine and sweeper in its loop so they run parallel to the octave. This runs into the Emma Discombobulator, this is my synth set up.

It then runs into an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe which I use only for clean octave tones! Then into a Cog Grand Tarkin Fuzz, which in turn goes into an MXR EVH phase 90 and a Bass Chorus Deluxe. Finally into a Tech 21 Vt Bass which I use set clean when I dont have my own amp or as a gritty preamp/OD when i do 😁

All powered with a Cioks DC5 underneath.

Im already planning it's next phase 😂 as i intend to replace the Mooer pedals with a Malekko Scrutator (if I can ever find a used one) and the T65 and MXR octave with a Cog T70! An EBS stanley Clarke wah/volume off board might be nice too! Im never happy 😁

20180929_203750.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

Really enjoyed looking through these, great for getting some inspiration.

I'm afraid mine isn't particularly inspirational, I only have one modulation type effect, the oc-2 and that doesn't get much use.  I use the Sansamp at the end, to send to FOH, and the Tonehammer I currently use as a boost, utilising the AGS circuit.  Pretty simple, and for the small number of gigs I have to fly to, I usually take just the Sansamp and the tuner.

If I'm not in the van I have a small gig bag for this board, hence the slightly questionable packing towels!

20181009_174500.thumb.jpg.596c0c85573825f51e19886f58da7d72.jpg

• Like 1

On 07/10/2018 at 01:40, lee650 said:

I love the one with the robot devil!! Is it a delay?

Sure is! 

Tis a clone of a rather expensive analog delay of some variety made here in New Zealand by a very talented kid (still at school) Bush FX.

He does clones and custom stuff and I've always liked the Robot Devil so got him to do the decal. Didn't even ask and he added a second LED so that both eyes light up when the pedal is engaged haha.

It's a great unit.

• Like 1

One board to rule them all. 
Currently got two bands on the go: one three piece that I use a dual rig with and the other with two guitars. 

Hoping this means I don’t have to keep changing the board. 
T-Rex chameleon under the wireless on the right. 
The magnum needs it’s own dedicated power supply

7F7F0CAB-9A30-4F18-BE49-AF108BF1ABA8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rewired it all... Again.... Pretty sure I'm set now for a while but there's a bit of me that still wants a touch more multi modulation options.... I never make it work in a band setting though so little point really other than gas. 

Anyway, added the ODB and pretty much maxing out my real estate now. Happy though... For the time 

DSC_1255.JPG

DSC_1256.JPG

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 3

A few new toys and some rearrangement. This is more of a band board so the order reflects set demands.  The Scrutator has given way to a Mastotron - the low end has to be heard to be believed and I only use the bitcrusher for solo stuff.  Similarly, a second delay was a luxury so the Hall of Fame has taken its place. In a away it's a pity because the Echorec style delay I have on the Flashback is probably my favourite 'effect' delay and I just can't quite get to it with the El Capistan. I need the really solid low end of the Strymon's repeats though and one had to go.  I use the HoF for literally one note and TBH I'm not entirely sold on the core tone of this pedal. Not sure if it's a keeper. The Moog needs it’s own loop due to noise issues, but it just sounds better than the Manta for sweeps and I lead a whole song with it, so it stays. The BCD gets swapped in and out with a Boss Harmonist and I think on the whole, I prefer detune to chorus. The trusty Pork Loin ain't goin' nowhere. It's easily the best soft clip overdrive I've tried in a band situation. Solo'd it sounds oddly wooly and rolled off, but once the drums kick in it totally works. It also had the best switch ever.

n33B7DC60-24EE-4859-95EE-F5CAF140AF02.thumb.jpeg.f251c6266d143b72339293a2acd34438.jpeg

Edited by radiophonic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, radiophonic said:

A few new toys and some rearrangement. This is more of a band board so the order reflects set demands.  The Scrutator has given way to a Mastotron - the low end has to be heard to be believed and I only use the bitcrusher for solo stuff.  Similarly, a second delay was a luxury so the Hall of Fame has taken its place. In a away it's a pity because the Echorec style delay I have on the Flashback is probably my favourite 'effect' delay and I just can't quite get to it with the El Capistan. I need the really solid low end of the Strymon's repeats though and one had to go.  I use the HoF for literally one note and TBH I'm not entirely sold on the core tone of this pedal. Not sure if it's a keeper. The Moog needs it’s own loop due to noise issues, but it just sounds better than the Manta for sweeps and I lead a whole song with it, so it stays. The BCD gets swapped in and out with a Boss Harmonist and I think on the whole, I prefer detune to chorus. The trusty Pork Loin ain't goin' nowhere. It's easily the best soft clip overdrive I've tried in a band situation. Solo'd it sounds oddly wooly and rolled off, but once the drums kick in it totally works. It also had the best switch ever.

n33B7DC60-24EE-4859-95EE-F5CAF140AF02.thumb.jpeg.f251c6266d143b72339293a2acd34438.jpeg

Hmm are you keeping the Scrutator?? 😉

Recent rejig of my pedal board. 

• Completely recabled, using really good cabling and connectors. Had been using odds and sods patch cables which used to assault my OCD every time I looked at it. 
  • Lost the MXR Envelope Filter and a TC Mic Mechanic which I didn't use. 
  • Brought a new integrated power supply because I needed something that gave me AC to the M9 rather than having to have a plugboard velco'd untidily to the board. 
  • The major change was introducing the PXL-LIVE Programmable Pedal Controller. Now gives me the ability to switch the Future Impact, Soundblox Envelope Filter and the M9 with MIDI program changes. Has taken a little while to get used to switching with banks again and programming it quickly, but it's been a huge improvement both functionally and also in terms of noise.

The EBS MicroBass II is shown with a lead going to an amp for home use. I don't use an amp live and go straight to the board so the output from the MicroBass is the XLR out.

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

Simple, but effective.

Drive comes from the MojoMojo, the LS-2 lets me switch between that and the Zoom, which I have set up with compression and chorus for quieter/spacey parts (and for tuning). Everything sits in the loop of the noise suppressor, which is fed from the wireless receiver on the right. One cable to the front of the amp (or DI) - sorted. Under the board is a T-Rex Chameleon, and some orange LEDs, because I am a gaudy tart.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-08 at 20.27.50.jpeg

On 13/11/2018 at 10:16, tonyf said:

Recent rejig of my pedal board. 

• Completely recabled, using really good cabling and connectors. Had been using odds and sods patch cables which used to assault my OCD every time I looked at it. 
  • Lost the MXR Envelope Filter and a TC Mic Mechanic which I didn't use. 
  • Brought a new integrated power supply because I needed something that gave me AC to the M9 rather than having to have a plugboard velco'd untidily to the board. 
  • The major change was introducing the PXL-LIVE Programmable Pedal Controller. Now gives me the ability to switch the Future Impact, Soundblox Envelope Filter and the M9 with MIDI program changes. Has taken a little while to get used to switching with banks again and programming it quickly, but it's been a huge improvement both functionally and also in terms of noise.

The EBS MicroBass II is shown with a lead going to an amp for home use. I don't use an amp live and go straight to the board so the output from the MicroBass is the XLR out.

No automatic alt text available.

Whats next then Tony? Sony DWZ-Orchid DI, Done?

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Whats next then Tony? Sony DWZ-Orchid DI, Done?

Bloody hell, you a mind reader? 😁

I ordered an Orchid Classic DI earlier this week with the very intention of having a bare bones straight into the board option. Still leaves the issue of powering the Sony if I do go wireless with the Au Naturale approach but I can use a 9v in it can't I?

59 minutes ago, tonyf said:

Bloody hell, you a mind reader? 😁

I ordered an Orchid Classic DI earlier this week with the very intention of having a bare bones straight into the board option. Still leaves the issue of powering the Sony if I do go wireless with the Au Naturale approach but I can use a 9v in it can't I?

2 way multi core cable. One side standard XLR (also powers DI over phantom). Other side wired with DC jacks. Power adapter in the SCS funk trunk connectors to the mixer side of the second side of the loom.

• Like 1