Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1503918658' post='3361509']

I like the versatility! How are you liking the Filter Twin?
[/quote]

Had one before this mate, and after trying a lot of filters I just realized that it is the one that I liked most. i want my filters to be not that squelchy, not too in your face, and I think the FT is the best for that purpose. :-)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1504045592' post='3362380']
Oh the silver pedal at the top of your board looks like a clean boost I built and is out in the wild. But clearly not that :)

Si
[/quote]

Ah! I see! No, this one is an EQD Acapulco Gold clone.

Mines changed slightly

loving the Cali76cb really subtle,yet makes a massive impact on tone and seems to work wonders with my other pedals (especially the OC2). Wondering of ive room for another fuzz or an octave :) struggling for room now and see a metro 24 in my future.

Edited by lee650

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1504356541' post='3364355']

Is that an original version Wonderlove up top?
[/quote]

it is mate! In a lovely blue and purple! I've got all the pedals except tuner and chorus/-Phase in its loop, which works great for synth tones :)

Couple of recent changes - the Guma-Drive (B3K clone) is now 99.9% always on so I had to build a new dual looper for the 30-40 seconds I need to turn it off and turn other pedals on! Also just been sent the "Swamp Fuzz" by Dizzy FX, which is a very nice Green Tall Font Russian Muff clone.

[url="https://flic.kr/p/YboDBN"][/url]

Just finished wiring up my new Metro 16!

Signal chain is as follows

LS2>VMT>Octamizer>Cali76>Turbo Tuner>Stereo X-Blender>Micro Thumpinator. All powered by the GigRig Generator. Xotic Doubler feeds the Cali76 with 18v. Going to pick up another one of them for the X-Blender too.

The current setup. Now powered by a single Strymon Ojai. This little powerhouse is amazing. It's allowed me to really streamline the underside of my board. Smooth Hound is on its own isolated line. The others are split between two daisy chains off a couple of separate Ojai outlets. I have 2 power outlets spare to isolate any misbehaving pedals I may acquire in future.

Adhesive cable management clips of varying sizes, courtesy of eBay.

Edited by CameronJ

Current revision of my gig board. I need to experiment with the order of the (just added) Soul Food and Pork Loin. Once I have the Pork Loin at 18v, they should both do the clean boost thing though, so there's probably no right answer here since they have similar amounts of gain, although the Soul Food is probably a lighter overdrive overall. Stacked, they sound pretty huge with the Pork Loin compensating for the bass shelving of the Soul Food and the Soul Food adding a mid boost. I had been considering an MXR Bass Distortion or a Cat Tail, but this can get surprisingly gnarly. With a little rejigging, I think I can add a Sub'n'Up, (possibly a mini). Power is from a 1-Spot although I'm starting to notice the noise floor creeping up, so possibly a better solution with 9/18v options will have to be on the cards.

[attachment=253948:IMG_0844.jpg]

An isolated supply will definitely help. Any 18V doublers, or pedals that have them internally can be a source of noise, as can digital pedals like the Boss Compressor and TC pedals. Also those EBS patch cables are prone to picking up interference from computers and lighting etc as they aren't very well shielded!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1505818916' post='3374498']
An isolated supply will definitely help. Any 18V doublers, or pedals that have them internally can be a source of noise, as can digital pedals like the Boss Compressor and TC pedals. Also those EBS patch cables are prone to picking up interference from computers and lighting etc as they aren't very well shielded!
[/quote]

The Boss is digital AND has an 18v doubler in it and to be fair, it was adding the Soul Food that made me notice the noise floor. The patch cables are bobbins tbh but I need some odd lengths due to the loop setup (the Ditto, Flashback and Volume Pedal are all in a loop). I will eventually get a set of decently shielded ones made up but I need to decide on the final layout.

Got some Royal Blood style fake guitar ready for this evening's shenanigans! Tender Octaver into the American Sound nails the RB tone, then the doubler recreates the fat sound they get from using multiple amps. Board is split 50/50 for 'guitar' and bass, with the guitar sound going to a mixer in stereo. Two compressors on board for different basses, although I may eventually restrict myself to one. Just using the Beta as a dark & dirty boost which works well into the bright sounding Darkglass amp. That might get replaced with the Green Russian though...

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1505506003' post='3372529']
The current setup.

[/quote]

Did I just spot that your beloved Aggie Octamizer has been replaced by your COG T16?!! They really are a great little octaver aren't they?

Edited by Al Krow

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1507192755' post='3383773']
We both know that's a lie! :lol:
[/quote]

Haha, well.....never say never......but I'd genuinely struggle to improve on any of this I think!
So unless I change the format/layout etc, I think this is as good as it gets for this size of board.
Don't get me wrong, I have other boards for different things that get changed a lot.....but this has been basically constant for at least a year, the only recent change was to put the Sub'n'Up on in place of the Mooer Tender Octaver.

Si