Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

My (virtually) finished board. I'm happy with it, but I think I want just one last thing like a Delay (Not sure wether I want something analog, or something like the Echo Park that does a good Analog effect but can do all the digital stuff too).

1. Fulltone FatBoost
2. Tech21 CompTortion
3. Digitech WH-4 Whammy
4. Wobo 2 Looper
5. Dunlop 105Q
6. Custom Barge Concepts VFB-2 Blender
7. Aphex Punch Factory
8. MXR Bass Auto Q
9. Tonefactor Hellbaby
10. Loopmaster Custom Mini-Looper
11. Crowther Prunes and Custard
12. Original Musitronics Mu-Tron III
13. Chunk Systems Brown Dog Gated Bass Fuzz
14. Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk Envelope Filter
15. Korg DT-10 Tuner

Chain is:
Bass>FatBoost>VFB-2>Punch Factory>DT-10>Amp

In the loop of the Barge is the Wobo into the 105Q (So i can blend my wah with clean, sounds amazing with octave down and distortion too)

Wobo Loop A>Comptortion>Whammy>Wobo A Return

Loop B>Hellbaby>P+C>Brown Dog>00Funk>Looper(Mutron in the loop)>MXR Auto Q>Loop B Return

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 1

for for the analog....like a dm-3 :huh:

still no pic of mine yet sorry, but check my sig to see my almost cartoon version of it :)

SB1 > FUZZ PROBE > ZOOM 506ii > MODDED BIG MUFF > METAL ZONE > CS100 > DHA DUAL CUSTOM BASS >PS-3

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='joegarcia' post='2448' date='May 19 2007, 09:07 PM']

This is my present board. Changes pretty often though. Love it to bits. Can get really really filthy and can make some very weird noises too.[/quote]

Hey Joe, i'd be interested in knowing your signal chain.

Here's a recent shot of my board:

and i have an ISP decimator pedal in the back of my rack.

The same as the last pic but iv got some plans!

[attachment=151:DSC07384.JPG]

dudewheresmybass how is the blow torch? Also, i had a go at a syb 5 yeasterday and is was not what i expected, i thought it would be better. The man in the shop then revealed to me that the expression pedal makes all the difference so naturally i asked him 'do you have one for me to use?' He said no. What a fool! lol

[quote name='BassBalls' post='2811' date='May 20 2007, 12:42 PM']The same as the last pic but iv got some plans!

[attachment=151:DSC07384.JPG]

dudewheresmybass how is the blow torch? Also, i had a go at a syb 5 yeasterday and is was not what i expected, i thought it would be better. The man in the shop then revealed to me that the expression pedal makes all the difference so naturally i asked him 'do you have one for me to use?' He said no. What a fool! lol[/quote]
not a bad board at all, get rid of the odb-3 and replace with at least a haf decent overdrive and its all good!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='2834' date='May 20 2007, 01:12 PM']not a bad board at all, get rid of the odb-3 and replace with at least a haf decent overdrive and its all good![/quote]

see, everyone talks bad about the ODB-3 (myself included), everytime i've tried one in shops i've hated the results, but a bassist from another local band used one into my rig and it didnt sound so bad, he had it set at unity gain and it seemed to dissapear in the mix when he switched it on, but set a bit louder it could have been alright.

Horses for courses.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='2015' date='May 19 2007, 09:11 AM']for for the analog....like a dm-3 :huh:

still no pic of mine yet sorry, but check my sig to see my almost cartoon version of it :)

SB1 > FUZZ PROBE > ZOOM 506ii > MODDED BIG MUFF > UB1 > METAL ZONE > CS100 > DHA DUAL CUSTOM BASS >PS-3[/quote]

Have you thought about putting that Zoom 506ii in some sort of true bypass loop pedal? i've found it to be a king in the field of tone suck.

[quote name='Ant' post='2876' date='May 20 2007, 02:33 PM']see, everyone talks bad about the ODB-3 (myself included), everytime i've tried one in shops i've hated the results, but a bassist from another local band used one into my rig and it didnt sound so bad, he had it set at unity gain and it seemed to dissapear in the mix when he switched it on, but set a bit louder it could have been alright.

Horses for courses.[/quote]

Part of my old bass sound that you loved on those recordings was the ODB-3 into an old Marshall Guv'Nor. Either that or the other way around - I can't remember. I do like the ODB-3 for certain things, but at higher settings it does sound like a bee in a tin can.

Haha wow, never had the need for more than a footswitch for my amp. Nice and clean with the tinyest bit of reverb is the tone I use 99/9% of the time so can't imagine ever needing that many pedals. Do you lot use them ALL often or just a select few?

[quote name='MattyB90' post='2926' date='May 20 2007, 03:59 PM']Haha wow, never had the need for more than a footswitch for my amp. Nice and clean with the tinyest bit of reverb is the tone I use 99/9% of the time so can't imagine ever needing that many pedals. Do you lot use them ALL often or just a select few?[/quote]

in a typical set ill use them all, mostly the distortions though.

Edited by Ant

[quote name='Ant' post='2887' date='May 20 2007, 02:42 PM']Have you thought about putting that Zoom 506ii in some sort of true bypass loop pedal? i've found it to be a king in the field of tone suck.[/quote]
i would, but i dont have the spare money to justify buying one just yet

No actual board yet, but this is my setup:

Boss TU-2 > Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor reissue > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Boss DD-5 with tap tempo switch > Boss FV-500L volume pedal

(the 3 footswitch bank is for my guitar amp)

Edited by Mobius

[quote name='Mobius' post='2996' date='May 20 2007, 06:07 PM']No actual board yet, but this is my setup:

Boss TU-2 > Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor reissue > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Boss DD-5 with tap tempo switch > Boss FV-500L volume pedal

(the 3 footswitch bank is for my guitar amp)[/quote]
whats the weeping demon like? as compared to a bass crybaby say?

Pretty good, I didn't try the 105Q but I wanted something that could be activated automatically instead of having to step down on it, so that fitted the bill, plus it's very customisable so you can go for a fairly mellow more vintage sound or a more extreme modern sound. It's good anyway, and it works fine for bass or guitar.

[quote name='Mobius' post='3028' date='May 20 2007, 07:18 PM']Pretty good, I didn't try the 105Q but I wanted something that could be activated automatically instead of having to step down on it[/quote]

The 105Q IS automatically activated.

At the moment my signal chain is simply:
[i]Bass --> Trace Elliot dual compressor --> Boss volume pedal (tuner in sidechain) --> Amp[/i]
although at some point the Deep Impact will probably work its way in (for the octaver settings if nothing else). I'm guessing it'd be best placed before the compressor to keep the playing dynamics..?