Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1439118359' post='2840096']
I'll make a point of bringing it to Bass Bash

Si
[/quote]
That would be fantastic!

I remember the demo you did a couple of years ago at the Herts Bash, and being impressed with the Organizer even then. At that time I didn't have a need for something like that, but I've now gotten into some ambient-y kind of effects stuff, so willing to look in to it in a bit more detail.

Cheers,
Ian

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1439324306' post='2841976']
new setup to accommodate the DOD preamp - which sounds pretty damn nice so far (though just bedroom use til next week!)

the W&C tall font is off the board for now, not getting much use in the new band since the arrival of the TK421x, but this surely can't last ;)

[/quote]

What do you use the Dispatch Master for out of interest?

Si

In the current band (at that setting), I use it for for volume swells – feed a fuzz into it and it’s fantastic for string-esque volume swells, with the reverb/delay combo... I use it loads at home for just playing unaccompanied, the reverb is just lush. But in the band, for now, just for ambient pads and swells, the delay is not too pronounced, especially with the reverb turned up, so it works well for that.

However, this now reminds me that I have to put the TFR back on the board, as I need it for flippin’ volume swells!!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1439324306' post='2841976']
new setup to accommodate the DOD preamp - which sounds pretty damn nice so far (though just bedroom use til next week!)

the W&C tall font is off the board for now, not getting much use in the new band since the arrival of the TK421x, but this surely can't last ;)

[/quote]

How you finding the metro 24?

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1439474342' post='2843175']
Love the board, but soft case worse than the old design IMO. No side pouch and the zip keeps sticking, and seems no more sturdy. But shoulder strap clip placement is better...
[/quote]

That's disappointing to here. Still want the slightly bigger board though over my mini

Got a bracket off of Amazon for my Pedal Power 2 to sit under the PT Classic Jnr, so tonight I will be stripping off all my pedals and fitting that now.

EDIT: And the damned thing doesn't fit :( apparently the bracket [i]is[/i] for a Pedal Power 2 [i]but[/i] will [u]only[/u] fit the older PT range (PT-JR etc) not the new Classic JR. Balls :angry:

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Bottle

gigged last weekend, took a shot of the board. nothing new btw . :-D

[URL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/ordepresplandor/media/6155A107-BD74-49EF-8E22-F40E726BA4A0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/ordepresplandor/6155A107-BD74-49EF-8E22-F40E726BA4A0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1440178847' post='2848930']
a Bearfoot Blueberry, BB Preamp
[/quote]

how do those two compare? until (along with a few other pedals) my BB preamp was nicked recently, it was my only low gain o/d... I was going to replace it as I always loved it, but the bear foot has me interested - do you use both??

I little bijou in comparison to many but it does what I want and need it to... There is a T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic lurking underneath...

It's not exactly a complicated signal chain but here it is...

Polytune Tuner - Morley Dual Bass Wah - Electro-Harmonix Stereo Pulsar tremolo - ancient Boss CE-2B chorus - Tech 21 Sansamp VT Bass DI

In addition there will be an Airturn Pedal on the floor for music on OnSong on the iPad. For two bass gigs (as opposed to church where I just use the one bass) there will also be a Lehle 3@1 switching pedal off the board but powered by the Fuel Tank Classic underneath (probably from the 12v output but maybe from the 9v - it's happy with anything from 9 - 18v if I recall correctly).

Edited by TrevorR

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1440178847' post='2848930']
I have a Mini Q-Tron that needs a volume mod and re-house, a Bearfoot Blueberry, B7K, BB Preamp (similar sound to the CM-2) on my 'board' (i.e. floor) right now, so some similarities there!
[/quote]

Danny, it was your helpful and detailed writing about the BBBOD and comparisons with other ODs which persuaded me that I should give it a go - very glad I did.

The CM-2 is my most recent acquisition, replacing a modded Bad Monkey. I prefer it - more responsive and versatile. I use it in a loop with the B3K, blending with my clean signal and then going into the Bearfoot. On its own the Bearfoot is set to provide some light, always on OD - just adds a bit of thickness and warmth with a pronounced bump in the mids. When I kick in the CM-2 in front of it, it sounds and feels like a valve amp being pushed a bit harder, but still cleans up with a lighter touch. Then if I turn on the B3K as well, it gets really gnarly, but still with good articulation. Very happy with this set up.

So this is my first attempt at putting together a board. Order probably dictated as much by how I could got them all on as anything but -for what it's worth signal chain is:-

EHX Crying Bass Wah > Bespeco Volume > EHX Steel Leather > EHX Bass Metaphors > EHX Bass Soul Food > EHX Metal Muff > EBS Octabass > Joyo Roll Boost > Snark Tuner > (Aphex Bass Xciter at amp end).

The Metaphors is handling compression duties at the moment until I can get something a bit more controllable - although the effect I'm getting from the preset comp in this pedal I actually really like anyway so we'll see.

The plan for the Metal Muff is to put it in a blendable looper to mix with the dry signal as it does suck out the low end, but for now adding in the Octabass set with the range set to low and the octave dialed in just a touch, is giving me back a few of the missing sub-harmonics.

So,for a first attempt,how did I do?

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1440185215' post='2848999']

how do those two compare? until (along with a few other pedals) my BB preamp was nicked recently, it was my only low gain o/d... I was going to replace it as I always loved it, but the bear foot has me interested - do you use both??
[/quote]

Yeah, I use both. The Blueberry sounds softer, tubier, squelchier, more Motown. The BB has more clarity and raunchiness, more Geezer Butler!

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1440083078' post='2848144']
A while back I mentioned I'd record a demo of the 3Leaf Octabvre. Here it is:

[url="https://youtu.be/zpcwUfq5-i4"]https://youtu.be/zpcwUfq5-i4[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the demo - always keeping an eye out on new Octavers and this is certainly a great option.