Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1421553476' post='2662674']
Lot of distortion going on there Kev!

Here's mine. Looking to add a delay, octave and (if space is available) a chorus pedal.

[/quote]

Buy this: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252232-fs-tc-electronic-flashback-mini-delay-pedal-l75-inc/
Winning Delay pedal in a small package for the little space you have left :)

Si

I've got a rehearsal with an electronica project coming up this week, so I've put all of my favourite pedals onto my large board. I'm waiting on some new stuff coming very soon from Cog Effects too, so this layout will change a bit when they arrive. In the mean time, lots of noise to be made with this lot....

[URL=http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/bassboyherms/media/Pedal%20board/imagejpg1_zps80d1f872.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/bassboyherms/Pedal%20board/imagejpg1_zps80d1f872.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1421666672' post='2663683']
Buy this: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252232-fs-tc-electronic-flashback-mini-delay-pedal-l75-inc/"]http://basschat.co.u...-pedal-l75-inc/[/url]
Winning Delay pedal in a small package for the little space you have left :)

Si
[/quote]

Tempted by the normal Flashback pedal at the mo once my Compressor sells. Space isn't too much of an issue at the moment as the Power brick fits on the underside of the pedaltrain if needed freeing up some space

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1421687549' post='2663972']
I've got a rehearsal with an electronica project coming up this week, so I've put all of my favourite pedals onto my large board. I'm waiting on some new stuff coming very soon from Cog Effects too, so this layout will change a bit when they arrive. In the mean time, lots of noise to be made with this lot....

[URL=http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/bassboyherms/media/Pedal%20board/imagejpg1_zps80d1f872.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/bassboyherms/Pedal%20board/imagejpg1_zps80d1f872.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Nice board Alex, and good to see that little looper pedal on there! Hope it's doing its job well :-)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1421747570' post='2664446']
Nice board Alex, and good to see that little looper pedal on there! Hope it's doing its job well :-)
[/quote]
Thanks, It's been fun putting it together and it sounds killer too! The looper just has the 2 octaves in it at the mo. I'm waiting on a twin parallel blender coming from COG, but that little one is just so handy, I'll always use it somewhere.

(Hmmm...how did that picture get so big?)

I set up a small "grab and go" board with an EWS Trilogic 2 and fell so much in love with it that I decided to get one for my main board as well, and replace the DOD fx10 with it. It just sounds SO good. And with the other two Xotic pedals for boost/od and texture it's just great.

The small board shares the same basic chain of Trilogic and Multicomp (the unfinished pedal is a Barbershop clone), makes it easy to switch between them.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1421927013' post='2666634']
You have two pre-amps and a "boost" on the big board. Do you switch between them, or cascade them?
[/quote]

The Trilogic acts as a preamp (always on), the BB is actually more of an OD despite the name, and the RC is a light OD/Boost. They all sound amazing, on their own or cascaded.

Been a while, trying to rationalise how many effects I have and use. Was thinking of parting with the PT2 since the Deep Impact left the party, but have finally decided to keep it and move on my PT Mini & Nano boards. So here's what I shall be using for the forthcoming round of gigs:

very, very excited with new pedalboard![list]
[*]Korg Tuner (bypass out) -> TC Spark -> Infanem Improbability Drive -> Boss LS2 (Ch A in)
[*]Korg Tuner (output) -> Spaceman WOW Signal mod'ed -> Boss LS2 (Ch B in)
[*]Then Boss LS2 (output) -> TC Ditto x2 -> Boss Micro BR80
[/list]
Tonnes of flexibility with signal path from clean, driven, modulated fuzz, loops and then able to record any ideas using the BR80

Will be having loads of fun playing with this set up :-D

Edited by onehappybunny

My board is getting smaller and smaller as time goes on. Feels like the is the opposite to what is meant to happen!

Now I'm looking at getting the DOD Bifet as a way of giving some deep boost through choruses now and then.

[attachment=184003:2015.01.20 Pedal Board.JPG]

[attachment=184004:2015.02.11 Pedal Board.jpg]

[quote name='MothBox' timestamp='1424078262' post='2692162']

Now I'm looking at getting the DOD Bifet as a way of giving some deep boost through choruses now and then.

[attachment=184003:2015.01.20 Pedal Board.JPG]

[attachment=184004:2015.02.11 Pedal Board.jpg]
[/quote]

I have one for sale :)

Si

[quote name='uzzell' timestamp='1424213180' post='2694012']
This may have come up a thousand times already but what patch leads are they? I cant seem to figure it out.
[/quote]

They're called Pro Snake patch cables, exclusive to Thomann (I believe). Very cheap but haven't let me down over the past couple of years. Can buy them in a few different sizes, the ones between the tuner, Darkglass and Blower Box are the 0.15m ones. Bought them from here:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/pro_snake_patch_klinke_winkel_015_m.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...inkel_015_m.htm[/url]

Cheers

Slightly different from me here.
My gf plays guitar, and when she joined a band, asked if she could borrow an overdrive pedal and a tuner. I had the first ever pedal I built (a Gainster clone) hanging around in a drawer, so after taking it apart and tightening everything up to my current standards (plus write/paint a ropey design on it, the Feist was born), and gifting her an old TU-2, she was up and running. Eventually she then wanted something with more gain and also a chorus pedal......and something to put them on ;).

So for her birthday tomorrow, I have purchased a Pedal Train Nano from a member here, built her a Rat clone for her grittier needs, and purchased a little Chorus pedal too.
The Chorus is great, £26.99 and essentially the same pedal as the Mooer Ensemble King and in the same enclosure as the new Godlyke mini pedals. Ah the beauty of multi-brand Chinese manufacturing.

The patch cables I ordered didn't come in time for tomorrow, but they'll be smaller and tidier. Power is just daisy-chained from the tuner for now, she may update to an under-board power supply at some point perhaps.

This will be popped in the pedal train carry case, wrapped up and she'll open it tomorrow :)

Si

My new board is taking shape. Got a Boss SYB-3 and an NF-1 for sale on eBay which didn't make the cut for this board. Ditched the idea of running my synth through it with an A/B switch as it's just too much hassle. Nothing too fancy on there, the Nobels is a great pedal (for £12 on eBay!) and nails the overdrive sound I need for my band. The Mooer Ana Echo I don't really need, but is occupying that space for the time being. The Shimverb is great though.

The Raygun Bass Driver is my 'slightly less driven' OD pedal and I use that for a Sansamp-style grit/boost.

The Zoom B3 does a very good job of replicating my old MXR M80, with a compressor on one of the slots. Sounds great. The Sansamp slot on the Zoom (middle screen) is being changed as I don't really use that. Plenty of options on this thing.

The board itself is 4 Poundland coat hooks (obviously with the hooks themselves unscrewed and binned!) stuck together with No More Nails and spray painted black. Does the job!

[attachment=184448:IMAG0125.jpg][attachment=184449:IMAG0126.jpg]

Edited by Cherchez la Femme

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1424435860' post='2696262']
Slightly different from me here.
My gf plays guitar, and when she joined a band, asked if she could borrow an overdrive pedal and a tuner. I had the first ever pedal I built (a Gainster clone) hanging around in a drawer, so after taking it apart and tightening everything up to my current standards (plus write/paint a ropey design on it, the Feist was born), and gifting her an old TU-2, she was up and running. Eventually she then wanted something with more gain and also a chorus pedal......and something to put them on ;).

So for her birthday tomorrow, I have purchased a Pedal Train Nano from a member here, built her a Rat clone for her grittier needs, and purchased a little Chorus pedal too.
The Chorus is great, £26.99 and essentially the same pedal as the Mooer Ensemble King and in the same enclosure as the new Godlyke mini pedals. Ah the beauty of multi-brand Chinese manufacturing.

The patch cables I ordered didn't come in time for tomorrow, but they'll be smaller and tidier. Power is just daisy-chained from the tuner for now, she may update to an under-board power supply at some point perhaps.

This will be popped in the pedal train carry case, wrapped up and she'll open it tomorrow :)

Si
[/quote]

love the idea and the result. good luck!