Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1384615229' post='2278777']
soooo, Xmas approaches - time to break out the festive pedalboard lights :)

I've tried a few new drive pedals recently, old and new (storm distortion 10, oxfuzz bass), but I just keep coming back to the BB and the TFR!
[/quote]

Life isn't worth it without a BB preamp.
Sibob is making me up a clone now so I'll have three soon.

Heres my current setup. It goes like this:

Bass > OC3 > Zoom b9.1ut > FX send > Synth wah > mega distortion > zoom 506> FX Return > AMP

I have got the FX loop blended with the clean sound from the Zoom, to keep a bassy signal throughout. I set the multi FX as one patch and use the 5 buttons as stomps. 1. envelope filter 2 FX loop on and off 3. pitch bender (+12 and +24 using the Z - pedal) 4: tremelo 5 . tap delay (delay turned off and on by the button above but is also set to blend in with the zpedal). Always on effects are light compression, a SVT amp sim, the EQ, and noise reduction. In my current band I have a couple of other special effect patches but I play 95% of the stuff on this one patch.

The zoom 506 I literally use as a stand in Fuzz! Its weird, cos iv tried out alot of fuzzes over the past year and I genuinely prefer the sound of this! The rest of the time its bypassed. It'll definately be leaving the board once I get a Fuzz im happier with.

I fancy getting a phaser for the end of the chain too, thats next on the list!

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1384676980' post='2279282']
Life isn't worth it without a BB preamp.
Sibob is making me up a clone now so I'll have three soon.
[/quote]

3?!? that's some dedication!

It's a great pedal, I love the EQ section on it, as could never get quite enough low end out of my bassdrive (which otherwise sounds pretty similar)..

A little board I've out together for a few gigs with Polar Caps

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/1z6w86a.jpg[/IMG]

Fairly simple and self explanatory:
TU-2 -> Boss CS-2 -> Boss OC-2 -> Fuzzrocious BDPG -> SFX Thumpinator

Powered by the Gigrig Generator

Si

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1384615229' post='2278777']
soooo, Xmas approaches - time to break out the festive pedalboard lights :)

I've tried a few new drive pedals recently, old and new (storm distortion 10, oxfuzz bass), but I just keep coming back to the BB and the TFR!
[/quote]

Cool lights Gaz!
How ya powering them?!?

Ha ha! Ah sorry guys no wacky 2 tuner magic..

I've bought the polytune this week and want to A/B my clean tone with the tu2 and against the polytune.
Hopefully i'll lose the tu2 for the cute polytuner, providing I don't miss having the boss buffer in the signal..

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1384698516' post='2279572']

3?!? that's some dedication!

It's a great pedal, I love the EQ section on it, as could never get quite enough low end out of my bassdrive (which otherwise sounds pretty similar)..
[/quote]

Same swapped my bass drive for the Xotic on a whim, so glad. I only got the second so I could have both low and high gain.

Pitchblack > CS-2 > Sansamp BDDI Deluxe > (FX Loop) BassBalls > Phase 90 > Bass Chorus Delux (Back to BDDI) > Big Muff Delux > DD-3

I don't always gig with this full board, and I'm always messing about with the sequencing. Powered by Diago Powerstation, homemade board

[attachment=149177:20131118_210529.jpg]

Edited by tb1973

OK - at last, the umpteenth iteration of my pedal board:
Carl Martin Compressor > EBS Microbass II
Peterson Strobostomp Tuner (through EMB2 tuner out)
EMB2 effects loop: EBS Octave > MXR Bass Overdrive Deluxe > MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe > Aguilar Octamiser > MXR Stereo Chorus

The MXR Stereo Chorus is always on - very light setting to add shimmer. I have the MXR BCD as a legit chorus.
The EBS Octave does the double track, one octave down so well - 2 distinct notes. The Aguilar Octamiser is so damn good at that sub bass, almost dub thing - it is thunderous :)

Now I just need a Pedaltrain 2 and I'm all set :)

[quote name='glassmoon' timestamp='1385636232' post='2290426']
OK - at last, the umpteenth iteration of my pedal board:
Carl Martin Compressor > EBS Microbass II
Peterson Strobostomp Tuner (through EMB2 tuner out)
EMB2 effects loop: EBS Octave > MXR Bass Overdrive Deluxe > MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe > Aguilar Octamiser > MXR Stereo Chorus

The MXR Stereo Chorus is always on - very light setting to add shimmer. I have the MXR BCD as a legit chorus.
The EBS Octave does the double track, one octave down so well - 2 distinct notes. The Aguilar Octamiser is so damn good at that sub bass, almost dub thing - it is thunderous :)

Now I just need a Pedaltrain 2 and I'm all set :)

[/quote]

You must be good at packing the car boot for going on holiday - excellent use of a relatively small space!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1385664272' post='2290929']

do you use the mastotron and xero at the same time? as they look very close?

andy
[/quote]

Yes, they are deliberately close together as I need to activate both with one stomp.
The fuzz into the EP-controlled LPF gives some really lovely synthy sweeps and wobbles.

I also use the LPF solo, but it's pretty easy to turn on by itself, I just need to make sure I have narrow shoes on :-D

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1385666726' post='2290975']
Yes, they are deliberately close together as I need to activate both with one stomp.
The fuzz into the EP-controlled LPF gives some really lovely synthy sweeps and wobbles.

I also use the LPF solo, but it's pretty easy to turn on by itself, I just need to make sure I have narrow shoes on :-D
[/quote]

cool i need alot of space as i stomp like a drunken monkey!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1385666726' post='2290975']

[/quote]

Xero worth the wait? ;)

I've got a Pitchfactor and VT Bass deluxe on the way (if the seller hasn't tried to con me.. annnnd once I pick up the VT from Houston. UPS screwed up ¬_¬ )

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1385638703' post='2290468']
You must be good at packing the car boot for going on holiday - excellent use of a relatively small space!
[/quote]

My wife has taught me well :) But thanks man... I still want a bigger board. Not a fan of having to be so careful where I stomp!