Why become a member? ×

Horace Panter's Uptown Ska Collective

MrDaveTheBass

I was at the excellent Leicester 'Simon Says' festival at the weekend. There were loads of great bands, but my personal highlight has to be Mr Panter's Uptown Ska Collective. They were just superb - it was impossible to resist their easy skanking grooves, and they had me (a confirmed hard-line non-dancer) jumping around and smiling like an idiot along with the rest of the entire audience.

If you get the chance, go and see them - not just for a masterclass in ska, but for a rollicking good time. :D

Cool - the drummer in my covers band ( Dave Anderson ) is their drummer - he's brilliant too. Makes my life easy playing with him.

I didn't get to see Horace Panter's set tho as I had my little boy in tow and we'd gone home by then.

Did you happen to see the Kirkland Turn in the afternoon outside? I was playing bass in that too. Great little festival!

[quote name='MrDaveTheBass' timestamp='1469532186' post='3099012']
I agree - Dave Anderson was amazing (as were the rest of the Collective) - I'm envious - he looks like a joy to play with.

I did catch some of your set - very nice! It was well timed - a perfect mellow vibe for a lazy and slightly hungover Sunday morning. :)
[/quote]

Cool! Yeah Dave's immense, and a good lad too. I'd have liked to hear that gig.

Glad you liked the Kirkland Turn stuff too - I had the genius idea of playing barefoot but got filthy feet in return.

Edited by bassbiscuits