Why become a member? ×

Ashdown - Top service

LewisK1975

So my beloved ABM1000 took a dive in the band's van and although it seemed to fire up OK, it was sounding pretty sick (that's not a young persons vernacular 'sick' either)........

What looked to be the power amp had completey come off the chassis and one component on the power amp board was sitting up at an angle, popped off the PCB:

[attachment=223473:Zoom - Copy.jpg]

Emailed Mark and he told me just to send it in.

So I packed her up and sent her on Tuesday, it got there pre 1pm on Wednesday.

Dropped Mark an email this morning (holding my breath for the diagnosis and repair quote), and him and Guy tell me the amp is fixed, tested and played through to make sure.

Will be sent back to me today, delivered tomorrow. Amazing service!

Back in time for the weekends gigs. Couldn't be happier.

And to top it all off, there was [b]no charge[/b] for the repair, just amazing!

Thanks to the Ashdown Team. That's what you call customer service!

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1468507302' post='3091432']
For no charge? that's pretty awesome, well done team Ashdown! :D
[/quote]

Obviously I had to pay Parcelforce to ship it to them, but that's all it cost me....no charge for parts/labour/return shipping!

Very happy man! :D

Edited by LewisK1975

Good to hear..I'm a recent convert. Nice when a company does more than they have to.

Years ago Trace Elliot collected and repaired a one year old amp to sort out a known manufacturing issue, and said don't take it to the dealer as they will try and charge..one phone call completely sorted the problem.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1468513662' post='3091503']
I contacted Ashdown about my ABM as it makes a strange background noise. I got an email back saying what it might be, suggested I get 'it looked at'...that was it.
[/quote]

What did they say it could be?

I've seen a few abms that have a weird noise and its the power amp section vibrating! Seriously they make a loud weird noise.
A real fix would be for ashdown to stop mounting the heatsinks like they do on the board and use a few extra screws to mount the board to the chassis. Its also the reason why sometimes the solder joints crack on them. More frequent in the combos.
Mostly ive seen people put a piece of heat resistant rubber under the board.

Went over to Ashdown today, Guy went through my Evo head, made some repairs, full service..while I waited, made to feel welcome as always...

Picked up a couple of bargains too in the shape of 2x10 Neo loaded uk cabs...for silly money, ok they're not brand new, but hey they're cabs, that to my ears sound awesome.

TOP COMPANY! Will always get my money and praise.

I've had very good experience in any dealings with Ashdown so far for amp spares and parts. It's re-assuring that you can call them up on the phone and speak to a real person who is enthusiastic about their product.