Why become a member? ×

Fraudster active on Basschat

lushuk

Scammers? Sounds like an opportunity to have some fun with them if they're trying their luck on here. Check out Ebola Monkey Man's site (Google will find it) for ideas.Hilarious

P.S. albinokiller?Terrible name.Sounds like someone who does terrible things to small furry animals...

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1468336562' post='3090242']
Scammers? Sounds like an opportunity to have some fun with them if they're trying their luck on here. Check out Ebola Monkey Man's site (Google will find it) for ideas.Hilarious

P.S. albinokiller?Terrible name.Sounds like someone who does terrible things to small furry animals...
[/quote]

:D

Hahaha...I use this "name" for a long time...it was name for my albino wrestler in Smackdown on Playstation 1 :)

I advertised for a PJB Briefcase combo in the Items Wanted section on Sunday 10th, yesterday at 16:03 I received a personal message from 'Marions' saying:

" If still interested in buying I we send you some pic
or contact me Via [email protected]
or send me your email for pics and details"

I have had some email correspondence with him but his use of stock images off the PJB site and the fact that he's offering the newer 'Ulitimate' model for the price a well used original model sells for made me very suspicious. Then a thread on Bass Players Market UK exposed this guy as a spammer. Lucky escape because I was tempted despite my suspicions.

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1468355982' post='3090432']
I advertised for a PJB Briefcase combo in the Items Wanted section on Sunday 10th, yesterday at 16:03 I received a personal message from 'Marions' saying:

" If still interested in buying I we send you some pic
or contact me Via [email protected]
or send me your email for pics and details"

I have had some email correspondence with him but his use of stock images off the PJB site and the fact that he's offering the newer 'Ulitimate' model for the price a well used original model sells for made me very suspicious. Then a thread on Bass Players Market UK exposed this guy as a spammer. Lucky escape because I was tempted despite my suspicions.
[/quote]

Same message i add about a DG VMTD i was looking for. I had no intention of dealing with the guy as no posts, pigeon English and a private email address just dont add up to me, but i did ask him a price and location. Didnt hear back though ;-)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1468608385' post='3092164']
If you send me the cash via western union transfer I'll forward you the goods straight from Nigeria dave_bass5 :-)
[/quote]

I had an uncle who lived in Nigeria. I never met him, unfortunately he was killed in a plane crash out there, leaving me loads of shares in a diamond mine, which is nice :).

Anyone heard of a 'triangular scam'? I hadn't until reading about it yesterday.

It works like this. Victim A has an item for sale, say £1000. Scammer wants the item and asks Victim A for their bank details so he can transfer the money. At the same time, Scammer advertises a non-existent item for sale at £1000 and Victim B decides to buy it. Scammer gives Victim B the bank details of Victim A who duly transfers the £1000. Victim A checks his bank account and sees the £1000 in his account and duly ships the item for sale to the scammer's address ( not his real one obviously).

Victim B chases scammer for delivery of the item he thinks he has bought. Scammer just ignores all emails and disappears. Victim B eventually goes to police about the fraud. Police track down Victim A via his bank account details and accuse him of fraud, giving him the problem of proving his innocence despite the clear evidence that he has Victim B's £1000 in his bank account.

Be careful out there!

Hmmmmmm.

Sounds like the scammer would need to strike pretty lucky with precise amounts and dates for this to actually work.

I reckon that's another attempt by the Daily Mail or the Daily Express to wind up their gullible readers.

Does the scam involve immigrants or house prices?