Why become a member? ×

Fraudster active on Basschat

lushuk

Guys, this user "Marions" is trying to sell instruments he/she does not have, i have all the info available if required, I've notified Admins but had no response as yet, so just beware, its not hard to spot, not sure where to post this so went for here, hope its ok :)

On a similar note I got this reply to a wanted ad that I just ignored:

Hello

How are you doing,Let me know if still interested in buying the above subject As soon as i hear from you i will email you some pictures and details Let me know your offer+ shipping ,Thanks and Hope to hear from you soon

Greeting

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1468276096' post='3089845']

In a PM? Bottom right hand side of the chat window :)
[/quote]

Only in the full view, not mobile device view though.

I've received a PM from Marions who sell an aguilar db680 for less of the half of the value and after he indicates me this page as his page of feedback as albinokiller ....

He said to call Mario Salopek from Spain but the marions is indicated as a guy from croatia, does anyone has better infos to this guy ? His email is [email protected]

Thanks

Edited by alzamatt

[quote name='alzamatt' timestamp='1468299187' post='3089890']
I've received a PM from Marions who sell an aguilar db680 for less of the half of the value and after he indicates me this page as his page of feedback as albinokiller ....

He said to call Mario Salopek from Spain but the marions is indicated as a guy from croatia, does anyone has better infos to this guy ? His email is [email protected]

Thanks
[/quote]

If someone has been conned

should report him to google as using an email account for the purpose of defraud,
they will terminate the account and can ban his IP address from opening another.

Also im sure i read somewhere they can use the IP address to help Identify him, for possable prosecution if someone was to persue it,
Also they would have an account of all his/her emails so im guessing can also contact all the people he has conned
thats if he is dumb enough to use his own home IP address !

How to...
[url="http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/qt/ipaddressemail.htm"]http://compnetworkin...ddressemail.htm[/url]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1468266698' post='3089762']
BassChat never has been, and never will be, a welcome haven for fraudsters and scumbags and we will kill such accounts without hesitation.
[/quote]

[attachment=223331:Pulp-Fiction-pulp-fiction-13189233-1920-810.jpg]
Love this place, high 5 to the Mods.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1468312400' post='3089969']
I thought a fraudster active was going to be the latest new bass chat fad bass "I've just ordered a fraudster active, five string with a maple finger board,can't wait!".
[/quote]

:lol: in Shell pink?

Well done mate for reporting. This marions responded to a wanted post that I put up yesterday, but fortunately I was already sorted. Just shows that you can't let your guard down even on basschat as there's alwaysthe chance of scammers from outside the community.