Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Karlfer

Gunsfreddy2003

Although none of my BC transactions have given me cause for complaint, Karl truly sets the gold standard for selling on this forum: clear and friendly comms, thorough bomb-proof packaging, tracking information (and advice on what to expect), and even a personal letter with the item. I had no worries about dealing with Karl before my purchase, and now I have even fewer!

Cheers Karl, your reputation is well deserved :thank_you:

I recently bought Karl's Jazz Bass Special, which I have to say is a fantastic instrument. He was more than willing to meet halfway, which made the collection process incredibly simple, whilst also removing the worry of a courier. I would very happily buy from Karl in the future as the sale went so smoothly; just a day after the bass was put on hold, I had it in my hands!

Thanks once again Karl!

Bought a very nice Fender Road Worn Precision from Karl and it feels like it's come home. Superb basses these Road Worns! I kind of knew that already, so when the opportunity arose I went for it. Superlative comms from the Wigan Wonder as per usual and naturally the bass was very well-packed in a Fender hard case in a cardboard box in a plastic bag... Karl himself is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest. Very smooth delivery and an excellent transaction all round. I have no hesitation in recommending Karl, you can trade with absolute confidence. He is a veritable [s]pillock[/s] pillar of the forum. Thank you, Sir. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another good transaction with Karl, this time a shady meeting in a lay-by in deepest Birmingham (ok, just near the M6 on the outskirts but the previous just sounded better) to exchange a Barefaced Super12T for the Queens finest after I responded to his wanted ad. Good comms throughout, recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Karl agreed to buy the Schroeder 1212L I had on the forum missing the 210PL by a whisker. Payment up front good comms. Met today at Donnington Services had a chat as is usual in the car park discussed the personal "world of bass" and the effects GAS has on all and sundry. Great guy to deal with, two happy people (me and him, oh and my missus, another box gone).

OM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gratitude from the previous continues in this story. I contacted Dan just after he sold a Fiesta Red 50's Precision bass to Karl. (It has to be P-bass, of course :) )

On learning that the bass was gone, I still wanted to keep my hopes alive and requested Dan to kindly pass on a message to the buyer that I am ready to buy that bass anytime if he wishes to resell it.

Karl being the outstanding gentleman that he is, received that message and immediately wrote to me. He told me that if I really wanted it, he would let me have it!

I took up the offer and after quick, smooth, and extremely pleasant deal, the bass reached me in record time. One of the most memorable deals I've had here on BC.

I had this notion that if you hang around long enough on Basschat, you will get what you want. Now I am convinced it is true. And sometimes you get a lot more than that.

Thanks a lot Karl, you are a true gentleman, and a legend of Basschat. Cheers!

-Victor.

Just a little addendum from myself, re the above.

I required a "vintage style" Precision, however, Fiesta Red was not life or death for me and I didn't really need it immediately.
Dan passed on Vic's message.
This ACTUAL bass was life or death for Vic :lol: .So now he's got it.

About 20 minutes after the bass left me, an Antigua Precision came up on FB. Antigua IS life or death for me :lol: .

Karl popped round to collect a Fender I didn't know I was thinking of selling...but I hope he gets the use out of it.

Was tied up with 2 of 3 children while wife and bigger daughter were out, but he was very understanding.

Lovely to meet him after years of exchanging witticisms and stuff.

Best of luck Karl.

• 5 weeks later...

Made the journey from London to Wigan to pick up a Mexi P bass Karl had kindly put on hold after I expressed interest the day before. The bass was exactly as described (if not better), well priced, and Karl was great to deal with in every respect, a thoroughly nice chap indeed... A lesson in how all transactions should be.

My only complaint was that I couldn't stay longer for the cuppa that was on offer - but that was my fault for being in a rush to get to Manchester...next time!

Thanks Karl!

• 2 weeks later...

Given Karl's buying and selling record I'm guessing every basschat member EVAH has posted here :)

Another motorway service station shady deal goes down, readys are exchanged for a gorgeous purpleburst P looky likey, and Karl has made me promise to do a build thread as apparently my ideas are even wackier than his!!
Lovely bloke to deal with, as so many have said before, Top fella is our Karl!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...