Why become a member? ×

Cliff Williams is retiring from AC/DC

Bassman Sam

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1467918916' post='3087356']
I read on the t'interweb that Brian Johnson may be able to gig again due to new developments in in-ear monitors. I wonder if he will be welcomed back to AC/DC or if Arsehole Rose will get the gig full time. If it's Rose then I can see why Cliff wants out.
[/quote]

Indeed - https://asiustechnologies.com - Stephen Ambrose - inventor of ADEL which has been licensed to 1964 audio. Stephen is one of the original IEM gurus, having created arguably the first stage IEMs... before Jerry Harvey refined them.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1467927349' post='3087453']
Really? Any links? Not surprised though. It seems to me that Angus is the controlling one . Look how he treated Brian Johnson after all these years of service.
[/quote]

Not sure about that.... they were committed to the gigs and they were going to do them. The fact that BJ couldn't honour that part of it meant a replacement HAD to be found.
I don't think it is a harsh as people make out... he couldn't do the gigs. No one wanted him out but they had to get in a replacement.

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1467972414' post='3087644']
AC/DC is starting to smell. Time to kill it before it becomes a grotesque parody of its former self.

I've loved AC/DC since I was a kid. Don't really want to see it become even more of a joke...
[/quote]

I have to say I thought they were over after Back In Black. Brian made a decent fist of it, but he never had the pipes Bon did.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1467982249' post='3087790']

I have to say I thought they were over after Back In Black. Brian made a decent fist of it, but he never had the pipes Bon did.
[/quote]
Totally agree. Lost all interest in AC/DC when I heard Brian Johnson.

I am "Cliff" in an acdc, sort of tribute act. We try and replicate the music as close to the original recordings as possible. While the lines are simple on the most part, trying to play the way Cliff plays them is bloomin difficult. The temptation to add in fills and runs here and there is very tempting but I try and keep it as simple and true to the original as possible.

Over the years on the live tracks, he added some different phrases and I cherry pick some of those and throw them in just to make it a bit more interesting. The bass lines do not get in the way of the guitar and vocals and it is great fun to play.

Edited by jezzaboy

He's earned his millions and I think the challenge in that gig would be playing root notes for almost 40 years.
Few songs from ac dc that have stand out bass tracks from cliff era gone shooting, love hungry man and big gun.
Bon' lyrics are what I've missed in post 70s ac dc