Why become a member? ×

Southpaw Spotted

sblueplanet

8 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Keep wondering about your upright, very interesting. Would be a challenge without a doubt. Have you seen the mad upright in eBay weird and wonderful thread?

I'm in 2 minds whether to keep it, meanwhile its still available. Just my luck to sell it then later decide to get that little jazz combo going as always planned :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Already Sold. About the going rate, certainly looked nice. Would prefer Azure-glo or Midnight Blue personally. (Sour Grapes)

Fair do’s - I did post about it yesterday, accidentally in the lefties photo gallery section.

13 minutes ago, mxm said:

Fair do’s - I did post about it yesterday, accidentally in the lefties photo gallery section.

Oddly I'd spotted it there as I keep an eye on anything new in Lefty Section. Was already gone yesterday, looked good at a fair price.

Gumtree today, a Japanese Squier Precision Medium Scale. He wants £600 which is too much for me at present but seems a bit less than some of the prices being asked.

Never had a decent P bass yet, at my age am starting to think shorter scale might be a good idea.

Edited by JottoSW1
Added idea - missed off
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, rasher80 said:

That P looks really nice! A bit out of my price range unfortunately. Normally not a huge fan of the gold guard but it works on that bass

That would be my ideal P bass. But I'd probably have to get a second hand Mexican one and have a pickguard made! I'm already at too many basses, but a P would be very welcome in the fold right now!

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

That would be my ideal P bass. But I'd probably have to get a second hand Mexican one and have a pickguard made! I'm already at too many basses, but a P would be very welcome in the fold right now!

😂 I feel like I could do with just one more, strung with La Bella flats. I could pick up a Player P and get a guard cut and it'd do me. Although I don't think I could get away with it. 

I saw that, YOB bass for me as well 😄

There was a guy who used to sell lefty Ricks, he had quite a few and some rare ones as well. I was nearly tempted by a Burgundyglo 4003 about 15 years back, but I plumped for a 4004L which I really liked but moved it on for a CIJ P a few years later.

4004l.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

I'd love to try a Rick but absolutely no way at the prices they go for. No way in hell.

I'd love to try a current Rick 4003. I bought one new at Guitar Guitar in 2009 when the exchange rate of the Pound vs Euro was at an all-time low, but after the initial novelty wore off I loved the tone and looks, but hated almost everything else. I hear they have much more comfortable neck profiles these days, and the new bridge with individual saddle height is a huge upgrade. Mine had a wide, flat, D-shaped neck which felt almost square to my hands (flat back - they're rounder now), and the bridge only sat on the tailpiece on its two height adjustment screws and would rock forward and backward when tuning or adjusting the thing. The bound body edges also weren't for me, I would go for a 4003s now.

2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

I'd love to try a current Rick 4003. I bought one new at Guitar Guitar in 2009 when the exchange rate of the Pound vs Euro was at an all-time low, but after the initial novelty wore off I loved the tone and looks, but hated almost everything else. I hear they have much more comfortable neck profiles these days, and the new bridge with individual saddle height is a huge upgrade. Mine had a wide, flat, D-shaped neck which felt almost square to my hands (flat back - they're rounder now), and the bridge only sat on the tailpiece on its two height adjustment screws and would rock forward and backward when tuning or adjusting the thing. The bound body edges also weren't for me, I would go for a 4003s now.

That's exactly what mine was like - I was so used to the Jazz neck at the time! It felt very flat compared to the Jazz, but wider with no taper which took some getting used to.