Why become a member? ×

Southpaw Spotted

sblueplanet

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

This one's also up on Gumtree for £520 (kirkintilloch I think 🧐) presumably would still ship for £25 as per eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2021 at 13:17, uk_lefty said:

It's really hard to sell something with a repaired neck. Unless you know who did the repair it's hard to trust it's been done well.

I looked at this one because I've always wanted an aerodyne. I had thought I could get another neck but the price is too high for a bass that is pretty beat up.

11 hours ago, kevham said:

I looked at this one because I've always wanted an aerodyne. I had thought I could get another neck but the price is too high for a bass that is pretty beat up.

There's a few UK places doing Japanese fenders now, Gas Station Guitars and Bass Bros being the ones I can think of. But they all want £1000 for anything Fender Japan, which seems too high to me for what they are. I've even seen some MIJ Jazzes with very dodgy modifications go up for over a grand and get sold quickly. I remember when you could buy one new, imported for less than £600! It wasn't too long ago!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few things about the body that don't look right.

This is what a 72 leftie should look like:

https://www.hendrixguitars.com/Lh366.htm

The thumb rest is on the wrong side of the strings.  The neck joint looks like you could get your little finger down the side,and the back pickup looks like a replacement.  Maybe a 72 neck on a newer body