Why become a member? ×

Southpaw Spotted

sblueplanet

On 08/01/2021 at 12:22, LeftyJ said:

Nice Cort Artisan B5 fretless: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/left-handed-bass-guitar-cort-b5fl/1387424366 

It's an older one, with the old two-piece bridge assembly (I'm guessing late 1990s). Those wenge necks are brilliant, far better than you'd expect for the price. 

On 08/01/2021 at 12:34, Bonin-in-the boneyard said:

Nice fretless that I was tempted

He has a nice 5 string Yamaha for sale as well

The Cort's still up on Gumtree but the Gent is now living in Wapping rather than Cambridge. Don't do fretless myself an rubbish enough with frets!

However I am on my way to look at the same Yamaha trb1005 (spotted on reverb) which seems cheap / good value @ £300 Inc abs case and a strap. 

so much for no more basses, already picked up a ultra cheapYamaha beater for a downtuned 4 str with the rotosound hawser strings as well........

• Like 1

Affordable '77 Fender Musicmaster, because of some mods, partially undone again: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/left-handed-1977-fender-musicmaster-bass/1404337879

Has had an extra pickup at some point, but the hole has been refilled and the bass has been crudely refinished in spraycan-black. The original Strat pickup was replaced with a vintage SCPB / Telecaster Bass pickup. Looks like a fun player, after some work! For starters, I would order a new pickguard and fix the alignment of that pickup, which is considerably wider than the original Strat pickup and doesn't line up well below the E-string. 

Edited by LeftyJ

49 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

Affordable '77 Fender Musicmaster, because of some mods, partially undone again: https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/left-handed-1977-fender-musicmaster-bass/1404337879

Has had an extra pickup at some point, but the hole has been refilled and the bass has been crudely refinished in spraycan-black. The original Strat pickup was replaced with a vintage SCPB / Telecaster Bass pickup. Looks like a fun player, after some work! For starters, I would order a new pickguard and fix the alignment of that pickup, which is considerably wider than the original Strat pickup and doesn't line up well below the E-string. 

The only honest advert I've seen on Gumtree. Could be a lovely little bass but I don't have the skills to do it justice, sadly. 

• Like 1

Interesting looking Yamato lefty on ebay now. 300 quid, looks in good condition from the pics. I'd be tempted if I hadn't had my fingers burned so many times recently from buying second hand basses that need more work than I realised! I might be learning my lesson... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested or been looking for Rickenbacker 4003, have noticed that PMT currently have left handed ones advertized on sale for under £1900 on their website. Still a lot of dough, but compared to the usual prices of RIC's, is decent and tempting.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/rickenbacker-4003-left-handed-electric-bass-mapleglo

Know that for lot of people, having one of these is a bucketlist bass, so thought would mention it. TBH, if I had the means at the moment I'd be seriously tempted (and kinda still am), but after doing some serious soul searching, personally I really can't justify it with everything else going on atm.

Edited by Green Monster
  • Like 1