Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Fender Precision 60s replica (CiJ)
£550

FinnDave

The financial pressure is off (for now) and I know I'd regret selling this if I didn't have to, so I am withdrawing it from sale.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The second bass I am clearing out is this Fender 60s style Precision Bass in 3 tone sunburst. This is from the acclaimed Crafted in Japan Fender line, and I believe it was made in the early 90s.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]It has been used for only a few gigs, there are one or two small dings, but none are very visible. The bass is fitted with a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 vintage style pickup; the original pickup is included in the sale. I forgot to get the chrome pickup cover and bridge ashtray, but they are also included.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass will be supplied in a Fender moulded case, the type that was supplied with US Standard basses until recently[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Perfectly set-up, currently fitted with D'Adarrio round wounds. Lovely feel and sound. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Available to view & play at my house[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]in West Oxfordshire. Prefer personal collection, but will courier at buyer's cost and risk.[/font][/color]

[attachment=222361:IMG_0247.jpg]

[attachment=222362:IMG_0239.jpg]

[attachment=222363:IMG_0244.jpg]

[attachment=222364:IMG_0240.jpg]

[attachment=222365:IMG_0241.jpg]

[attachment=222366:IMG_0242.jpg]

[attachment=222367:IMG_0238.jpg]

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='adamlunt' timestamp='1467061429' post='3080950']
That's tasty! Used to have one in white, which I miss dearly.

Any trades, or just sale?
[/quote]

Possible trade for an interesting synth, but got enough basses at the moment!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1467064430' post='3080994']
Great basses these CIJ Precisions :)
[/quote]

They are indeed, but one of my Ps had to go, and won't be the US Standard! This one's just down the road (A420) from Swindon too :)

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1467065306' post='3081003']
They are indeed, but one of my Ps had to go, and won't be the US Standard! This one's just down the road (A420) from Swindon too :)
[/quote]

I had a CIJ '62 RI in Fiesta Red which I now regret letting go, but my recently acquired CIJ '57 RI in CAR is scratching that itch!

[quote name='Umskii' timestamp='1467925544' post='3087440']
Are CIJ p bass' 3 piece or 5 piece construction like the made in Mexico line?

FinnDave What wood is used for the body?

Cheers
[/quote]

No idea what sort of wood they've used, but as far as I can tell the body is made of just two pieces, it is not hard to see the grain through the sunburst and I can see only one join.

I've got one of these, they're great. I looked into the wood on mine and I couldn't decipher whether it was alder or basswood. Mine is a two piece body also and has a grain somewhere between alder and basswood but it's rock hard, supposedly unlike basswood.

ANYWAY, GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...