Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub [SOLD!]

mr_russ

Bump - my first sat in front of the camera you tube video - it's a bit ropey but here it is warts and all, I'm far more comfy on my DJ5

pickup booster is off, mid cut is off - tone rolled back a hair
recorded through a px4d

Old worn in roundwounds

Edited by mr_russ

[quote name='mr_russ' post='305070' date='Oct 12 2008, 10:11 PM']Bump - my first sat in front of the camera you tube video - it's a bit ropey but here it is warts and all, I'm far more comfy on my DJ5

pickup booster is off, mid cut is off - tone rolled back a hair
recorded through a px4d

Old worn in roundwounds[/quote]You my friend are too cool for school.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='310585' date='Oct 20 2008, 04:36 PM']bump -

I'm open to suggestions
Russ[/quote]

I suggest you put another Youtube link up showing it awesome tonal range !

I'm one of the previous owners, the only reason I let it go was I had to make a decision either to keep my Fender P-Bass or the Lakland.

It realy is a fantastic bass

[quote name='mr_russ' post='316834' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:31 PM']bump reduced to £475 - I'll get another vid up this evening if I manage to get time, new strings and a demo of the range of sounds available

R[/quote]

Hi,

Am I right that the standard Glaub is very like a standard P-bass in feel ? Can you tell me what the mods are please - and is it a P-bass type neck - thanks.

Here's the long overdue video demonstrating the electronics - firstly, the strings are brand new elites stadiums 40-100, lighter than my usual 45's they've not had chance to calm down and I've not bothered to sort the truss rod out to compensate for the lower tension - so forgive the w***y nature of the clip, I got carried away :)

It does sort of do the job though.

I start with the booster off and the tone rolled back a tiny bit, do a bit of fingerstyle and a bit of slap before going up to the next setting. I then turn the booster off and turn the mid shape to 50% followed by 100%, then 50% on mid shape and #2 on booster ... I think, can't really remember but you can hear the differences - I think it sounds excellent even with the zingy strings.

When they finally bring out a skyline 5 string glaub, I'm having one.

It sounds Tits M'Chicken with a pick aswell.

Edited by mr_russ