Why become a member? ×

Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass

NJE

Yup, nipped home for allotted time.
Only had time to open, tune etc.

Back at t'mill now. Finish here, out to gig so nowt from me until tomorrow. But, looks good, feels good, well built and nice acoustically.
Hiram will no doubt do a great review tomorrow.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467384164' post='3083310']
I was literally just opening the box and the phone rang with one of those conversations that you just can't cut short.

I've had it out of the box now and noodled about a bit and I can't find fault with it other than the truss rod needs a tweak. I don't have time to do a set up today.

As mentioned previously, the pink finish is not in your face, but I guess it probably would be a bit faded after over 50 years of use. I'm quite happy with the colour.
[/quote]

sounds good to me

Oh dear lord, I might need to find some money from somewhere very quickly!! That is basically everything I would want in a Jazz bass and I already know the quality of the other road worn stuff.......I think my wife might be getting very angry with me soon.

Edited by NJE

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467388935' post='3083388']
I had another quick look at it before I came out and just that headstock alone you would think had come straight out of Fender's Custom Shop attached to a Jazz priced four times what this cost!
[/quote]

The Custom Shop just bump it with more expensive tools!

Looks awesome mate :)

OK - Andertons have told me it IS a limited release. Who knows, Fender might release more at some point, but I couldn't order one.

I asked Richtone a few days ago and they just don't seem to want my order.

I've deposited one of the few that GuitarGuitar are getting. Apparently only 4 left.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467437777' post='3083648']
[center][color=#dda0dd][u][size=6]This bass weighs 8.3lbs (3.8kg)[/size][/u][/color][/center]

[/quote]

That's a fantastic weight, I'd be seriously jealous right now if I wasn't fond of my current Jazz. Looks very cool mate.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467439359' post='3083656']
I'm looking forward to setting this up over the weekend and giving it a proper test drive. Here are some more pictures....

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][/center]
[/quote]

Cracking job Warren :i-m_so_happy:, wish I had your camera and descriptive skills.

I'm gutted, I got the heavy one at 8lb 4oz :P

VERY late gig last night, with a Rockinbetter 4003s I raised from the near dead.
Looking forward to a lot less work to get this splendid critter playing for me.

EDIT, come to think of it, wish I had your sky!

Edited by karlfer