Why become a member? ×

Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass

NJE

I simply paid by card, which gets me the bass and gives me the time to sort funding :P

Between the gig money I have, the gig money before my bill is due, and putting up a "tribute" bass on Facebook, I MIGHT get away without selling my Clayton Jazz :D

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1467206740' post='3081920']
I've just had mail from Kenny's.
They've had mail from Fender.

They are getting them in early.

Mine should be with me Monday or Tuesday :D :D :D
[/quote]

Awesome! Look forward to hearing your comments!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467190249' post='3081717']
Are Kenny's Music a supplier that many (or any) have dealt with before or was this just a supplier you found that was advertising this bass?
[/quote]

I bought a guitar from there and my experience was mixed but mostly positive. I'd buy from them again just as happily as anywhere else but wouldn't go there specifically.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467293086' post='3082595']
I've just received an e-mail from Kenny's. Mine is arriving tomorrow. Karl - I blame you!
[/quote]

I've got the same email. I blame me :lol:

Last time I looked at GAK they were "available to order". Heard THAT before! They are also describing it as a Factory Special Run

Andertons had 2 left an hour ago.

Thomann had them in this AM, but £60 more expensive.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467302071' post='3082697']
That makes two of us then :-)

Ooh! Collectable too!

Yes, I noticed that. Is that a result of Sterling be so rubbish at the moment?
[/quote]

Yes, guess it's the exchange. Having said that, I've noticed in the past Thomann were often a little more expensive on Fenders.

Warren, I do hope you are going to do the NBD photos and reviews, cos I'm crap at that stuff (esp photos :blush: ).

Your public awaits with baited discreet trousers :P

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='quinlan' timestamp='1467314671' post='3082817']
Hi guys,

Going to my favorite shop yesterday... find a new fender mex roadworn shell pink relic, wtf !!! ... ask to try her... and 1h later... my bank account was little bit lighter.... :ph34r:
pick it tomorow.... cant wait....
[/quote]

Nice one :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1467315099' post='3082825']
It depends what time DPD arrive, but I will certainly try and do the photos if they get here earlier enough - and weigh the bugger!
I have a gig to get out to late afternoon, so fingers crossed.
[/quote]

I'm the same, get there and set up before the Wales game, play after it. Just what I chuffin need on a [s]NBD[/s] Friday :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1467361859' post='3083041']
Bloody hell, I've yet to see a review let alone see one in the flesh. I do hope they're good or there's gonna be a lot of 'em popping up in the FS forum in the very near future :rolleyes:
[/quote]

ordered online, so can easily be sent back.
If it's anything like my Steve Harris West Ham bass (apart from the weight) it'll be very nice

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1467362499' post='3083057']

ordered online, so can easily be sent back.
If it's anything like my Steve Harris West Ham bass (apart from the weight) it'll be very nice
[/quote]

Fair point

I've been Very happy with all the " higher end Mexican stuff , the artist stuff the or the dated 60's 70's " They seem to really be giving Mexican's the Vintage modified treatment , i have every confidence these are gonna be cracking and i'm looking forward to the results . In other news Karl i mentioned to she who could not be named ... about the status and she said its FINE but only on condition that I traded it for something i really really wanted.... not just something that i already have ..... Reminds me why i love this girl :-D But i means NO Jazzes

Edited by synthaside

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1467373967' post='3083185']
So other than the stack knob controls what makes this Jazz bass so special?
[/quote]

Modeled after Flea's actual '61, reliced Nitro, vintage bridge, vintage style US pickups. Just generally a very nice jazz with a good spec for the price.