Why become a member? ×

Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass

NJE

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1468778132' post='3093260']
It would appear the Flea sig is the new Maruszcyk!
[/quote]

I was thinking the Sire MM bass, flavour of the quarter not so long back.

I am still thinking about whether I should get one of these - I've played two outdoor gigs with large PA support, one indoor pub gig and one rehearsal this weekend and used either my Classic Ray or my Classic Sabre, both 2 band MMs for the lot. I am now thinking newish high quality basses of this type are a total joy to play and hear so why would I want a beaten up one. In spite of these feelings the GAS is still on though ......... not helped by the promotional Fender video which features Flea in a bee keepers head gear playing his original shell pink rather nicely!!

Edited by drTStingray

[quote name='LZD56' timestamp='1468747561' post='3092985']

& someone (not from this community surely?) will probably pay more than they could buy a new one for! Watching the eBay one to see if my theory comes true
😂
[/quote]

Well, factoring postage in to it the buyer got about a £70 odd saving off new.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1468795404' post='3093422']
[/quote]

Hardly seems a worthwhile saving for a second hand instrument, loss of warranty / swapping back with the dealer etc.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1468796766' post='3093436']

Hardly seems a worthwhile saving for a second hand instrument, loss of warranty / swapping back with the dealer etc.
[/quote]

I agree. No gig bag with it either. May as well buy new. Can you call a relic'd bass new? 🤔

[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1468772870' post='3093218']
Oiled mine. Lovely figured board. The wood that's visible on the worn bits of body looks quite highly figured too.
[/quote]

I'm going to lemon mine tonight before giving the setup a tweek

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1468854120' post='3093787']
Ahem.
I believe I was the 1st to receive one, so when club numbers come to being handed out........................... :D

Actually, I've never been no. 1 in anything, bit late to start now :lol:
[/quote]

YES YES
as I've said before, it's all Karls fault!!!

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1468795404' post='3093422']
[/quote]
[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1468796766' post='3093436']
[/quote]
[quote name='LZD56' timestamp='1468817711' post='3093462']
I agree. No gig bag with it either. May as well buy new. Can you call a relic'd bass new? 🤔
[/quote]

Ya moaning old gits :lol: That bass is now mine once I pay.. In my defence I was on the way back from a festival, trying to get food at a service station and under the influence of more than enough beer!

Who actually uses them naff gig bags aways?

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1468856115' post='3093805']

Ya moaning old gits :lol: That bass is now mine once I pay.. In my defence I was on the way back from a festival, trying to get food at a service station and under the influence of more than enough beer!

Who actually uses them naff gig bags aways?
[/quote]

Good on you mate. 70 quid is 70 quid and you can get a pretty good case or gig bag for that! If you pay......

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1468870475' post='3093960']
Good on you mate. 70 quid is 70 quid and you can get a pretty good case or gig bag for that! If you pay...... ��
[/quote]

I'm sure it'll fit nice and snug in my mono, gruv gear or hard case(s) I have! :D

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1468856115' post='3093805']
[/quote]

I am not criticising anyone from spending their own money on something, for me a second hand thing loses a quarter of the money not being new, but we all have our own feelings on these things. Sure it will be great.

Luckily, when I do go for getting one second hand, seems there will be a lot around :D