Why become a member? ×

Wounded Paw Amp arriving Monday

GremlinAndy

I decided to take a punt and add a Wounded Paw amp to my gas driven hoard...
Anyone out there got one ? Got anything to say about it ?
I actually wanted the stand alone Pre Amp, but it's oop and to have one custom made was only a bit cheaper than the Pre / power combi amp.

I can't be the first, surely...?

I'd be having one of those as a pre-amp only. Sounds devastating. Sound clips when you get it please just to feed some gas.

The only thing that would make it perfect would be for all the knobs to be midi controllable with patch changes. However, one can dare to dream....

Well... This is how it's gone..
amp arrived early this week after delays in customs, and Parcelfarce didn't send me the slip to say they'd got it.
I had to phone around and find the depot which had it, pay them the customs charge and wait for them to deliver it.
And when I unpacked it... f***ed!
As soon as I unpacked it, I knew. I could hear some loose bits inside the case rattling around.
Inspecting the case I found a shiny corner, indicative of an impact. One of the 'handles was damaged and bent inwards a few degrees too.
Opened the bottom of the case... Found a loose IC chip, and a piece of plastic which would have been a circuit board mounting clip.
And the circuit board was thusly not attached to the case...

Disappointed.

So the result is that I've had to send it back.
The shipping back to Canada has cost me another £66 now. Plus a £30 customs charge, and at the moment, I have no amp.
Preston, the guy at wounded Paw has agreed to pay for the return shipping, but I haven't heard back from him about how he intends to do this yet...
And no doubt, when it's replacement arrives I will get hit for customs AGAIN!

Until I get my working amp, I suggest you hold off on purchases. This is going to be a test of Wounded Paws customer service, I think.

Oh man that's not good. Really hope it gets sorted soon. UK customs are a disgrace and so are royal mail. It's like nobody cares that the package might actually really be important to the recipient.

Edited by mrtcat

[quote name='GremlinAndy' timestamp='1467355249' post='3082991']
Well... This is how it's gone..
amp arrived early this week after delays in customs, and Parcelfarce didn't send me the slip to say they'd got it.
I had to phone around and find the depot which had it, pay them the customs charge and wait for them to deliver it.
And when I unpacked it... f***ed!
As soon as I unpacked it, I knew. I could hear some loose bits inside the case rattling around.
Inspecting the case I found a shiny corner, indicative of an impact. One of the 'handles was damaged and bent inwards a few degrees too.
Opened the bottom of the case... Found a loose IC chip, and a piece of plastic which would have been a circuit board mounting clip.
And the circuit board was thusly not attached to the case...

Disappointed.

So the result is that I've had to send it back.
The shipping back to Canada has cost me another £66 now. Plus a £30 customs charge, and at the moment, I have no amp.
Preston, the guy at wounded Paw has agreed to pay for the return shipping, but I haven't heard back from him about how he intends to do this yet...
And no doubt, when it's replacement arrives I will get hit for customs AGAIN!

Until I get my working amp, I suggest you hold off on purchases. This is going to be a test of Wounded Paws customer service, I think.
[/quote]

That sucks big time. I presume that this damage was despite the amp being bubble wrapped and packaged within an inch of it's life?

I'd ask for the shipping and tax back myself otherwise you'll have paid for the amp almost 1.5 times over once the VAT and stuff is taken on board. If it's insured then surely he's not losing money by refunding you at least the shipping? Refunding the tax as an act of good faith in truth would be nice and certainly put a line in the sand for customer service as it were.

Hope it gets sorted for you squire. Keep us all posted.

On the subject of packing... I'm not sure the packing was quite satisfactory TBH. It *was* wrapped in a single sheet of 'big bubble' wrap. However the rest of the box was filled with just loosely rolled brown paper. Clearly it wasn't enough to prevent damage of the kind it sustained. However, in Wounded Paws defence, it looked like a really hard impact. I'm not sure any reasonable amount of packing would have saved the day. Only a completely over the top case with polystyrene corners and lots of bubble wrap would have slowed the impact to a level where the insides weren't torn by their own weight and impetus...
Still, onwards and upwards! 😎

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GremlinAndy' timestamp='1467591605' post='3084753']
On the subject of packing... I'm not sure the packing was quite satisfactory TBH. It *was* wrapped in a single sheet of 'big bubble' wrap. However the rest of the box was filled with just loosely rolled brown paper. Clearly it wasn't enough to prevent damage of the kind it sustained. However, in Wounded Paws defence, it looked like a really hard impact. I'm not sure any reasonable amount of packing would have saved the day. Only a completely over the top case with polystyrene corners and lots of bubble wrap would have slowed the impact to a level where the insides weren't torn by their own weight and impetus...
Still, onwards and upwards! 😎
[/quote]

Did you have any joy in getting this sorted out? Am really curious to know in light of possbly taking the plunge myself....

Edited by Wolverinebass