Why become a member? ×

Free Boss TU-3 Tuner app

RhysP

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but Boss have released a free TU-3 Tuner app for Android & iOS.
Details here:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/boss-goes-mobile-with-free-tuner-app-for-ios-and-android-639415

Works fine...if your surroundings are completely silent.

I'd question its value in a practice room or a gig. It was all over the place when I tried using it, and when I checked against my Zoom pedal, my bass was way out of tune.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1466332532' post='3074957']
Works fine...if your surroundings are completely silent.

I'd question its value in a practice room or a gig. It was all over the place when I tried using it, and when I checked against my Zoom pedal, my bass was way out of tune.
[/quote]

I think it goes without saying that you wouldn't use a tuner you can't plug into for tuning anywhere noisy.

I tuned an unplugged electric guitar in my bedroom with this app yesterday & it was bang on when I compared it with my Peterson strobe tuner.

Edited by RhysP

Cheers for the heads up.

Doesn't look like it works very well with the iRig interfaces, or the mic for that matter, very choppy and jumpy.

Nothing has come close to the Strobosoft App for me, its more accurate that most bloody tuners!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1466345828' post='3075108']
Cheers for the heads up.

Doesn't look like it works very well with the iRig interfaces, or the mic for that matter, very choppy and jumpy.

Nothing has come close to the Strobosoft App for me, its more accurate that most bloody tuners!
[/quote]

Agree.

Also for me, like you say, nothing comes close to the Peterson app.
Members of my family also use the 'Orchestral Sweetener turnings' and it works a treat.
In fact, there seems to be a few different Sweetener tunings available.