Why become a member? ×

Waste of a day.

Joebethell

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1466098478' post='3073376']
Is this a British phenomenon?[/quote]

I believe it may be. Got a bass from Germany couple of weeks back, GLS collected it,had it processed at both local and national depots then delivered to the UK.

All within 27 hours , and it was £30 not the £48 I'd been quoted here !

Once here Parcelforce got it and buggered around for 3 days,

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1466105266' post='3073441']
I believe it may be. Got a bass from Germany couple of weeks back, GLS collected it,had it processed at both local and national depots then delivered to the UK. All within 27 hours , and it was £30 not the £48 I'd been quoted here! Once here Parcelforce got it and buggered around for 3 days.[/quote]

Same deal when you buy from Thomann. All is Teutonic super-efficiency when you check the tracking, but as soon as it gets to Blighty everything slows to a crawl. SNAFU.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1465936409' post='3072320']
It's just like tantric sex.....

You stay in all day but nobody comes.
[/quote]

Fantastic :laugh1: :laugh1:

Just received a bass from Japan. It took two days to get from Tokyo to the UK. Then another 12 days to get to my house. The UK part was handled by PF. Bless them.

I live in a market town. I have experienced the ninja delivery tactics too. The problem I get is that you then have to go to the depot to pick up. One company's is near Telford which is 28 miles away, and another is the south side of Shrewsbury, about 25 miles away... Which amounts to 50+miles trip and about 1.5 hours