• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've just bought a bass from Alan and he is without doubt an absolute gentleman to deal with.

I'd been on the look out for an ash body Scott Whitley short scale and he listed exactly what I was looking for, the trouble was that the ad was posted only a couple of days before I was heading off on holiday. I dropped him a message to enquire about the bass and offered to pay a deposit to secure the bass until my return. I was half expecting him to tell me to sod off for being so cheeky but he graciously accommodated me. The deposit was paid, several messages were exchanged in the meantime and we arranged to meet at his home on my return from holiday. 

Not only that but I was selling one of my basses to another basschatter who didn't live too far from Alan and he suggested that the 3 of us meet at his house. Which we did and everyone was happy. Tea, cakes and biscuits were provided although I now sorely regret declining the offer of one of the huge cup cakes! 

The bass itself was in great condition as he'd described it. It came with a hard case that I thought was actually in better condition than the ad suggested, not that that is a problem! He also threw in a couple of sets of barely used short scale strings and knocked off a few pounds from the asking price (not that I asked him to) to help cover my petrol costs. 

Alan is a genuine, patient, friendly and funny guy to deal with. 

Cheers Alan, it's been an absolute pleasure. 

• 2 months later...

Just sold a bass to Alan.  Top gent and maker of excellent cups of tea, not to mention a nice stash of my favourite basses.

Deal in confidence peeps.  Top banana and deffo one of the guys that makes this place tick so well.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...