Why become a member? ×

Fender '57 AVRI Precision Bass - White Blonde **SOLD***
£1100

Edenburgh

Back up for sale as the planned trade didn't work out. ***Price dropped to £900***

i'm really fortunate to have this as my Number 2 P-Bass and I broke my own 'one in-one out' policy for this one. Nevertheless, I don't need two really good P-basses (my '77 Precision remains the 'go-to' bass)[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a 2013 US made 1957 Vintage Re-Issue Precision Bass, Ash body, the grain of which is visible through the gorgeous nitro white blonde finish. Even though the maple neck is chunky, it is really comfortable to play for long periods of time - it's also really lightweight making for reduced back strain on longer gigs (unlike my '77!). Sounds-wise, it does everything you would expect of a P-Bass. Build quality is truly top-notch.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've gigged this quite a bit, so although it looks pristine from the front, it has picked up the odd dings round the edges as shown in the pictures. I can include either a battered old case or a newish gig bag (buyers preference). Currently strung with round wounds however, as a wee extra, I will also include a (used, but still quite fresh) set of Thomastik Infeld flats. Original hang tags and a Fender strap also included. Thanks for looking and any questions, just shout. I'm Edinburgh based but happy to meet up central belt.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm open to trades/swaps on this one - probably a Jazz (doesn't have to be Fender).[/font][/color]

Edited by Edenburgh

In my humble opinion, these are the very best of the varying 50's style basses.
Don't know about CS but they would need to be very special to be better than one of these.

I've had a couple and they have both been excellent but I just really don't get on with 1.75 " nuts. Having said that, these are quite shallow back to front so for me have been the easiest of the full fat nut for me to play.

Usually very light with superb pick up.

These Ash, White Blonde/maple are just the best looking :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas:

GLWTS, great basses.

• 4 weeks later...