Why become a member? ×

Mayones Jabba Classic - SOLD PENDING
£750

Veils

Only really looking to trade on this one. Must be for a 5 string, preferably a jazz type beast. If you've got a Sandberg, definitely get in touch!!

I've only fairly recently acquired this bass on these forums. It's in fantastic condition and it's absolutely beautiful, plays like butter with a wonderfully slick action and sounds incredible, particularly in passive mode, but it has a pretty sweet 2 band glockenklang eq too.

In all seriousness, I didn't envisage myself parting with this, but a surprise reunion of an old band means I need a 5 string sharpish. I'm happy for anyone to come visit me in Leamington to try the bass. I also make regular work trips to Leeds and London. I'd be happy to drive anywhere within 2 hours reach to trade.

SOLD PENDING.........

Edited by Veils

Played this earlier today & it's a lovely bass in great condition. Just not quite what I'm looking for at the moment. (So many basses so little time).
Jamie's a cracking bloke. Suspect he may end up keeping it ;) but that's his shout of course.
Cheers!

Rob - you're a scholar and a gent.

I'll have my Fisher Price amp next week, if you're ever making a trip to Bass Direct, feel free to drop in for a chinwag and a brew. I'll have some real milk in next time, not that nonsense my wife drinks ;)

• 1 month later...

I'd like to chuck this back into contention!

I will consider a cash sale, but I would absolutely bite someone's face off for a trade for an Olympic white jazz. I currently have a man crush on Joe Dart.

Edited by Veils

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still available, dropping price to 625 but only while something I have my eye on is available!!

Postage will be covered by whoever buys unless you live within reasonable reach of Leamington Spa, in which case I am prepared to deliver myself.

My earlier note about being in Leeds every so often no longer applies!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. Does the bass come with the gigbag it is sitting on - the original Mayones one perhaps? I saw your comment about being able to travel within a reasonable distance, which would help greatly as my car has next to no luggage space. I live in Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham, just off the M42/M1. If we can work out something around these matters then I would like to offer you the £600 for this bass. It looks in superlative condition - hoping so anyway, and also that this makes both our weekends. If tomorrow is on then I can get out to my bank before one, or otherwise next weekend is fine if you happen to be fortunate enough still to be working. Best wishes - John C