Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop 1955 Precision Bass NOS (New Old Stock) Master Built by Dennis Galuszka (MBDG)
£2500

b.a.s.s.p.o.r.n

Hello, everyone.
I’m selling a [u]Fender Custom Shop 1955 Precision Bass NOS (New Old Stock) Master Built by Dennis Galuszka (MBDG)[/u].
I don’t think it needs much of an introduction. At any rate, the specs are: ash body (I think with a great figuring), maple neck (I’d say quarter sawn, with a soft “V” profile), rosewood fretboard (in my opinion, with a great “tone” to it), BadAss II bridge, Hipshot tuners, “F” hole and semi-hollow body (small cavity under the "F" hole).
It’s a 2008 bass in close-to-perfect conditions, part of a limited run (8-10 pieces), and it’s a copy of an instrument built by Dennis Galuszka himself for Mike Dirnt (Mike Dirnt’s, which is identical, can be seen in the last picture from 2015). In my pictures, it mounts a custom transparent pickguard, built on exact measures (clearly, respecting the screws’ positioning) to make the wood stand out. Naturally, I will also supply the original pickguard (identical to the one in the last picture) as well as the original hard case (by G&G) and Fender Custom Shop’s certificate of authenticity (signed by Dennis Galuszka).
It has Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats (JR344) strings on which, in my opinion, really make it shine (but that’s a matter of personal taste).
Personally, I use it in a jazz/blues context (up to my limited abilities!!!), but I’d say it can easily adapt to any other context. It has a fantastic tone (definitely very “P”), very present and well balanced on all strings (which to me is an important trait).
As to the price, I looked on www.Thomann.de and new Master Built Custom Shop Precision basses are between 4.800 and 5.200 Euros. Therefore, it is priced to sell at [u][s]2.500[/s] 2.350 GBP or [s]3.250[/s] 2.750 EUR[/u] (the price is a bit negotiable for a cash payment). I’m not sure I want to take trades, but I’ll consider sensible offers: with balance to be settled either way.
[u][b]The bass is in Genoa, Italy[/b][/u] and anyone is more than welcome to come and try it in person (!!!). Naturally, I’m willing to ship.
Thanks for your interest and best to all. Cheers.
Pier

[attachment=220956:1.jpg] [attachment=220957:2.jpg] [attachment=220958:3.jpg] [attachment=220959:4.jpg] [attachment=220960:5.jpg]

Edited by b.a.s.s.p.o.r.n

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Grant' timestamp='1483373765' post='3206627']
Looks like my old bass. The clear scratch plate was made by the Sims custom shop in the UK. Is a great bass and I do miss it...
[/quote]

Hi, Grant.
Did you trade your old bass with Bass Direct? Asking, 'cause that's where I got this one.
Fancy getting her back? ;-)
Cheers. Thanks for stopping by.

[quote name='b.a.s.s.p.o.r.n' timestamp='1483449243' post='3207174']
Hi, Grant.
Did you trade your old bass with Bass Direct? Asking, 'cause that's where I got this one.
Fancy getting her back? ;-)
Cheers. Thanks for stopping by.
[/quote]

Bassdirect sold the bass for me a few years ago. I would be tempted but the exchange rate puts it well beyond my means. Good luck with the sale. Thanks

Edited by Grant

[quote name='Grant' timestamp='1483557991' post='3208265']
Bassdirect sold the bass for me a few years ago. I would be tempted but the exchange rate puts it well beyond my means. Good luck with the sale. Thanks
[/quote]

I understand... That's rather unfortunate for you guys...
Let me know if you change your mind...
Best to you... Cheers...
Pier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...