Why become a member? ×

New Coronado Question

OrsomeWells

Does anyone know if this "Special Edition" Cornado on the Fender site:
http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/series/special-edition/coronado-bass-rosewood-fingerboard-aged-cherry-burst/

is the same as the MIC Modern Player Coronado model?

(apologies if this is a dumb question!)

I've compared the photos in the ad closely to my [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MIC Modern Player Coronado and can't see any constructional differences so can only assume, as posted previously, that the special edition bit applies to the cherry burst option.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great basses by the way, the finish on them is excellent, except for the control knobs which really could have been better. I do recommend that you try before you buy however as these basses are [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]surprisingly heavy for what you would imagine them to be. Mine weighs in at exactly 10lbs. [/color][/font]

[quote name='whizzzy' timestamp='1465024499' post='3064686']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]that the special edition bit applies to the cherry burst option.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]these basses are [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]surprisingly heavy for what you would imagine them to be. Mine weighs in at exactly 10lbs. [/color][/font]
[/quote]

Well mine was from the first run and was vintage cherry burst..

Moved on though for being too heavy

[quote name='whizzzy' timestamp='1465024499' post='3064686']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I do recommend that you try before you buy however as these basses are [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]surprisingly heavy for what you would imagine them to be. Mine weighs in at exactly 10lbs. [/color][/font]
[/quote]

Yeah... I picked one up in a shop once and couldn't believe it.

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1465293030' post='3066770']
I love the look of those! :)
[/quote]

I think they look good - but the headstock is goofy IMO.
I also think that hollow bodies and semi-hollow bodies need to be light if they're going to be as big and delicate as most of them are.
Big + Heavey + Delicate = A big NO in my book.