Why become a member? ×

Preamp advice - for my schertler set b

Wonky2

Hi folks

Just wondered if any one can offer any advice...

I have a great pickup on my bass, its the schertler set b pickup and preamp.
Whilst it sounds great and i have an output control on the preamp, the output on my amp needs to be a fair old bit higher than id normally like it....
So i wondered about going out of tge set b into something like the mxr di unit or even a cheaper boss eq pedal.... I dont want to alter the tone signal just boost it further? Would a compressor pedal help with output control ?

Ive no idea what the impedance output of the setb is ?

Opinions are welcomed :)

Edited by Wonky2

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Schertler buids its own preamps. From basic models to the ones that are all bells and whistles. I would start there. IMO, manufacturers design their gear with voice/spec matching between their pickups and preamps in mind.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved.......
The shertler set b pick up and preamp is a fantastic piece of kit... What i now know is the matched impedance of my new phil jones bass cub seems to have unlocked its potential....
Great, no, fantastic sounding amp of course, but the high impeadance input matches the shcertler set b preamp so so well and the two are matched ever so perfectly.

Happy at last with gear that is staying put. Cant reccomend the combination highly enough.