Why become a member? ×

May Noodle Bar - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1464792971' post='3062613']
7 votes..... so i'm guessing someone has only voted for one?
[/quote]

That would be my new strategy of only voting for myself... :mellow:

... I jest of course, I shall have a good listen through at the weekend and vote :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1464792971' post='3062613']
I just voted after having a thorough listen.
Really tough to vote this month.
7 votes..... so i'm guessing someone has only voted for one?
[/quote]

Maybe they think only one is worth voting for lol.

Voting for oneself 'is just not cricket'.

It's allowed in that anyone is able to do so. But it's not really in the spirit of things.

But that's as far as it goes in terms of Basschat law :)

Voting for fewer than three entries, however, is punishable by death.

Edited by Skol303

Damn! If I'd voted for myself last month I could've been in the hall of fame ;) - and going to my grave being slowly eaten away by a guilty secret. :sad:

Already voted this month - actually found it easy to get a top three this time (no I didn't vote for myself) :)

Is it possible for Assambique to withdraw/delete his single vote and re-vote a three header? - Just a thought

[quote name='Agwin' timestamp='1464799974' post='3062712']...
Is it possible for Assambique to withdraw/delete his single vote and re-vote a three header? - Just a thought
[/quote]

What, like, instead of incurring the death penalty..? Spoil-sport..! :lol: :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1464800527' post='3062722']
What, like, instead of incurring the death penalty..? Spoil-sport..! :lol: :P
[/quote]
I think a public flogging would suffice - we need as many noodlers as we can get so I'm all for keeping 'em alive! :D

I've voted.
Again some interesting things. I voted for agwin, Leonard smalls, Assambique.
Honourable mention for funkshui and SohoTob errm sorry Starbucks moment I mean CamdenRob.
Don't have a fav as such this month.

I think I already have my next little noodle.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1465196993' post='3065918']I'm guilty I'm afraid... :blush:[/quote]

Ditto! I'll be having a listen hopefully later this evening.

It'd be great if more members of the community got behind this, but heh, those threads about P/J basses, GAS and bar gigs don't write themselves... ;)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1465249809' post='3066582']
I think this is great and well done to everyone who has submitted.
It's the first time of checking in for the noodle and I'll be sure to come back.
If I could figure out how to record myself with this Mac, I'd be tempted to give it a go myself.
Anyone with a not too complicated set of directions to do so?
[/quote]

Do you own a smartphone or tablet. You can record from one of those via GarageBand etc easy then upload it to YouTube or soundcloud. Using the inbuilt mic. It's currently what I'm doing despite having an option to record direct with a better setup. There audio interfaces that work with phones too.
Or via your Mac via a cheap audio interface plug in direct or buy a decent mic and mic the cab. Easy way again would be to use GarageBand again although there's plenty of other software. I'm sure my mate a few years ago had good results plugging a I rig mic into the Mac and via GarageBand recorded his acoustic.

OK guys had a good listen through these on the bus on the way in this morning and have voted :)

My favorite this month was Asambique :) I'm not usually a fan of sub bass, but to be honest that's usually because I hear people rehearsing at just about every London studio with that damn button pressed in on the ubiquitous Ashdown monstrosity studios seem so keen to provide us with... this however is not a rehearsal and not a band situation... it is the noodle bar and this sounds great :) I really like your timing and groove at the slower speed, it's really consistent (having just listened back to my noodle this month I think I need to spend some time with the metronome :blush: ). It's a nice piece too, really musical I thought :)

My other votes were FuNkShUi... that's a great riff sandwiching the slap section and I really like your tone as always. Have you ever played an Enfield bass? I tried one at the hearts bash on Saturday and it had a great modern HiFi sound with both pickups set to the humbucker mode... reminded me a bit of your tone.

My remaining vote was for Leonard Smalls, whom I could listen to all day. I did say this last month but it's worth mentioning again, there is something wonderfully natural about your playing. it really is a case of you expressing your music through the instrument, it sounds great :)

Another great bunch where to be honest It was difficult to whittle it down to just the three... but those are the rules and these were my favorites :)

Long live the noodle bar!

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1465280610' post='3066667']
My other votes were FuNkShUi... that's a great riff sandwiching the slap section and I really like your tone as always. Have you ever played an Enfield bass? I tried one at the hearts bash on Saturday and it had a great modern HiFi sound with both pickups set to the humbucker mode... reminded me a bit of your tone.

[/quote]

Thanks Rob.
I haven't tried those Enfield basses. There seems to bit a good bit of love for them, so no doubt i'll try track one down for a go at some point.
Anyone down South Wales have one?
As for my tone, again much appreciated but i cant take any credit really. My monitors aren't working, so i don't hear any "amplified" version of my sound until i hear the actual recording.
It's for that reason i run straight into garageband via a interface. Usually add 5-10% reverb too. The tone you hear is the natural sound of whatever bass i'm using, that i usually adjust the EQ on-board, to whatever i have in my head that i think will sound good. So really you just like the sound of my AJR or my Warwick streamer......GAS??? :D
I voted for Rob, Asambique and Elephant Grey this month. Again, some really good entries, was tough to pick a favorite 3

Edited by FuNkShUi

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1465280610' post='3066667']
OK guys had a good listen through these on the bus on the way in this morning and have voted :)

My remaining vote was for Leonard Smalls, whom I could listen to all day. I did say this last month but it's worth mentioning again, there is something wonderfully natural about your playing. it really is a case of you expressing your music through the instrument, it sounds great :)

Another great bunch where to be honest It was difficult to whittle it down to just the three... but those are the rules and these were my favorites :)

[/quote]

Ta very much!
But I bet by the 3rd hour of widdleywiddleywoo you'd be trying to saw your own ears off using one of my many discarded and snapped G strings as a cheese-wire...

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1465284738' post='3066684']
Ta very much!
But I bet by the 3rd hour of widdleywiddleywoo you'd be trying to saw your own ears off using one of my many discarded and snapped G strings as a cheese-wire...
[/quote]

ha... yes we get a bit of leeway in a 60 second noodle.

I still love your playing though.

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif]And the winners are...

CamdenRob and Asambique..! Well done, gents.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#222222"][font="Arial, sans-serif"][sharedmedia=core:attachments:167486]

Here, then, is your Winner's Certificate (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif"][attachment=221030:BC_Nood_Cert_2016_05.pdf][/url]

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif]... which looks like this (but bigger, of course..!)...[/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Dad3353

Hold on a second. I think we should have a no holds barred noodle off. There can only be one!
In the event of a tie the combatants noodles are subject to no rules other than the time limit. So all effects, loopers, multi tracks etc are allowed for the tie breaker.
Lol

Too late, mate. You'll have to start another Convention for that. You can't call it the Noodle Bar, though; that's already sacrosanct. Try something like 'Lowlander: there can be but one..!' or such. It doesn't have to have Scottish connotations, but could do. Good luck with it. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1465347147' post='3067482']
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif]And the winners are...

CamdenRob and Asambique..! Well done, gents.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif]Here, then, is your Winner's Certificate (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif"][attachment=221030:BC_Nood_Cert_2016_05.pdf][/url]

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif]... which looks like this (but bigger, of course..!)...[/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

Thanks Dad I'm honored...

... think I need to come up with better names for my noodles :mellow:

Also, what is the bloke in the top right of the certificate doing with his other hand... :mellow: