Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Precision bass with upgrades ***PLEASE REMOVE AD***
£280

Grassie

[color=#676767]***MODS - AS NO INTEREST, PLEASE REMOVE AD, FANX. ;) ***Squier by Fender Vintage Modified 70's Precision bass. This started life as a bog standard VM P bass but I've made a lot of modifications to it over the past 3 years. Starting with the pick ups; I replaced the frankly rubbish original Duncan Designed split coil for a Tonerider - much punchier, higher output, Later, I added another Tonerider, this time a jazz bass pick up at the bridge. Routing done professionally and not a bodge job. Next is the custom wiring loom - a Basschat special made by Ki0gon; s[/color][color=#676767]tack-knob configuration (Vol/Tone for each pick up), all solderless with orange drop capacitors for a truly vintage sound - very warm, even with both tone controls up full. The rubbish plastic nut has been replaced with a Graph-Tech graphite nut and all the chrome hardware (apart from the neck plate) has been replaced with black gear (Wilkinson machine heads, Northwest Guitars hi-mass bridge, jack socket, strap buttons, string retainer, metal knurled control knobs). I also have a Fender waterslide headstock decal to go with it, bought with the intention of applying it, but never got around to it. Selling because I fancy a change (again) but also because it's a little too vintage sounding and warm for my taste, and I fancy going back to a five string. Hopefully the sale of this will help fund something tasty. Looking for £280. Please bear in mind the modifications - the control knobs alone were £20. Can chuck in a gig bag too. Would prefer collection on this as couriers seem to be incapable of customer care right now; Isle of Wight based but willing to meet buyers at Portsmouth/Southsea/Southampton/Lymington. If you would like more photos, just shout. No trades. :)[/color]
[attachment=220389:PB1.jpg]
[attachment=220390:PB2.jpg]
[attachment=220391:PB3.jpg]
[attachment=220393:PB4.jpg]

Edited by Grassie

• 2 weeks later...