Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464730600' post='3062034']
Commerford is sufficiently high-profile that he could choose any brand he wanted under the same conditions.
[/quote]

No he couldn't

Marshall don't give kit for free. The artists pay for it. They get a lot of support for tours etc thrown in, but they pay for the gear.

[quote name='sunburstjazz1967' timestamp='1464792088' post='3062599']
I eagerly await the next time anyone on BC actually tries yet dislikes a barefaced cab (yes it does happen), "well what does TC know about gigging?" will be the standard response!
[/quote]

Ha! :D

I notice one or two members who usually like to chime in on a Barefaced thread are here conspicuous by their absence.
Perhaps they are on holiday, or something..?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1464790983' post='3062584']
No he couldn't. Marshall don't give kit for free. The artists pay for it. They get a lot of support for tours etc thrown in, but they pay for the gear.
[/quote]

Yes, obviously I should have said '[i]virtually [/i]any brand'. I think my point was clear. :rolleyes:

I can't think of another bassist who's had such a consistently brilliant tone. He has loads of different sounds, some of them really quite ambitious. I realise this sounds sycophantic but I can't think of another "celebrity endorsement" I'd put so much stock into

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464794255' post='3062635']
I notice one or two members who usually like to chime in on a Barefaced thread are here conspicuous by their absence.
[/quote]

I hope you aren't referring to me! Sorry for the lack of input today, I'm still trying to figure out when a 4x10 is not a 4x10 -I don't think the addition of a LPF on one column is going to cause a stir in any patents office.

And to be fair, I usually stay out of bf threads nowadays. It's all been done before... a bit like 1x10s, 2x10s, 4x10s, 8x10s...

Edited by EBS_freak

[/quote]

Or maybe its because being shouted down by the fan club becomes tiresome ?

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1464794577' post='3062641']
I can't think of another bassist who's had such a consistently brilliant tone. He has loads of different sounds, some of them really quite ambitious. I realise this sounds sycophantic but I can't think of another "celebrity endorsement" I'd put so much stock into
[/quote]

McCartney, King, Flea, Sting, that u2 bloke that would play through a Saisho tape player from the 80s if you put his squiggle on it?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464799104' post='3062696']
Nah, as we all know Macca likes a nice 'woolly' tone so is an Ashdown fanboi. :D
[/quote]
Lets not forget that Macca uses a Hofner with flats. I don't think anything but 'woolly' is an option.

[quote name='sunburstjazz1967' timestamp='1464798333' post='3062683']
McCartney, King, Flea, Sting, that u2 bloke that would play through a Saisho tape player from the 80s if you put his squiggle on it?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also... I would like all those that googled the above names upon reading this thread to put their hands up... :-p[/font][/color]

[/quote]

This post/comment beggars belief; it is tantamount to baiting! I'd have thought a moderator would have been above such comments.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1464801133' post='3062726']
This post/comment beggars belief; it is tantamount to baiting! I'd have thought a moderator would have been above such comments.
[/quote]

I missed the inauguration when Discreet was elevated to the lofty Mod status.

This is for you DIscreet..

:modspank:

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464799399' post='3062700']
Lets not forget that Macca uses a Hofner with flats. I don't think anything but 'woolly' is an option.
[/quote]

Are you saying Macca's tone isn't good? No wonder The Beatles didn't sell any records.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1464801133' post='3062726']
This post/comment beggars belief; it is tantamount to baiting!
[/quote]

Not at all, it's genuine curiosity. I must have read (and participated in) most, if not all of the Barefaced threads and there are two or three people I would have expected to contribute to this thread. For whatever reasons, they have not. It's their choice, obviously. I'm not trying to bait anyone.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1464801477' post='3062731']
This is for you DIscreet..

:modspank:
[/quote]

As always Sean, I'm delighted to receive a spanking from you - especially an unexpected one. :) Not quite sure what I'm being 'punished' for though, to be honest. Oh well, a spanking is a spanking... we take our pleasures where we can...