Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

Well done Alex, I remember you first starting out with just an idea and messing about at home with designs and a theory. You've come a very long way from humble beginnings. It's a shame back then your enthusiasm and passion on here were misinterpreted. I hope you feel very proud of what you've accomplished and the best is probably yet to come!

Wow, I've just read through this whole thread and it did seem to get a bit nasty, but also some valid comments both pro and con regarding BF IMO.

I'm not going to go into my BF thoughts, those are well known, and they aren't bad anyway, they just weren't for me.

What I've not read about is what TC (never heard of him before this thread) felt BF would offer him that he didn't already have. I mean that as serious question.
I've read a lot about how meticulous TC is about his tone at the start of this thread, and what a great tone he has. Well, OK, so what made him change to BF? What did he feel was missing from the great tone he already had?
I can understand going to BF, the cabs put out a lot more volume than the look like they can, but I have a feeling he wasn't lacking volume before.

I do think that rig, combined with the JBL monitors that have been mentioned is just, well, OTT and comical. Never having gigged at this level maybe you do need all that stuff on stage, although I personally can't understand why. That's not directed at BF at all, but I do wonder how some people can get away with a lot less and still get the job done.

Still, a belated congrats to Alex and BF, hope it works out and leads to bigger things.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1465243477' post='3066482']
Wow, I've just read through this whole thread and it did seem to get a bit nasty, but also some valid comments both pro and con regarding BF IMO.

I'm not going to go into my BF thoughts, those are well known, and they aren't bad anyway, they just weren't for me.

What I've not read about is what TC (never heard of him before this thread) felt BF would offer him that he didn't already have. I mean that as serious question.
I've read a lot about how meticulous TC is about his tone at the start of this thread, and what a great tone he has. Well, OK, so what made him change to BF? What did he feel was missing from the great tone he already had?
I can understand going to BF, the cabs put out a lot more volume than the look like they can, but I have a feeling he wasn't lacking volume before.

I do think that rig, combined with the JBL monitors that have been mentioned is just, well, OTT and comical. Never having gigged at this level maybe you do need all that stuff on stage, although I personally can't understand why. That's not directed at BF at all, but I do wonder how some people can get away with a lot less and still get the job done.

Still, a belated congrats to Alex and BF, hope it works out and leads to bigger things.
[/quote]

Best, most balanced response to this thread so far. I would be interested in the answers too. Doubt TC will chime in, can Alex?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1465244711' post='3066501']

Best, most balanced response to this thread so far. I would be interested in the answers too. Doubt TC will chime in, can Alex?
[/quote]

It would be completely understandable, if Alex really couldn't be bothered revisiting this thread.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1465245424' post='3066507']
It would be completely understandable, if Alex really couldn't be bothered revisiting this thread.
[/quote]

:(

Its a shame the path it has taken, but as I have already said the blame is definitely on both sides of the coin, as it often is with subjects like this.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1465208872' post='3066057']
Well done Alex, I remember you first starting out with just an idea and messing about at home with designs and a theory. You've come a very long way from humble beginnings. It's a shame back then your enthusiasm and passion on here were misinterpreted. I hope you feel very proud of what you've accomplished and the best is probably yet to come!
[/quote]

+1

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bobby Barefaced' timestamp='1466181106' post='3073957']

[/quote]

Place your bets on a duplicate account!!

For what it's worth, I love Marmite. - And my Big Twin II

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1465243477' post='3066482']

[/quote]

well said!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Alex and the BF team. Been a longtime fan of TC's bass playing and mahoosive sound myself for many years.

Strangely enough, in my hunt for that elusive massive sound, I found it quite along time ago with a gert big Mesa head and a BF Super15. (i have no idea about the scientific reasons for any of this or if the speakers are in fact the incorrect size, but i have never gassed for amps or cabs again)

Nice to see that Tim Commerford is finally catching up with me!! :D

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1466182116' post='3073964']

Place your bets on a duplicate account!!

For what it's worth, I love Marmite. - And my Big Twin II
[/quote]

Nah mate Bobby definitely is not Alex and definitely is his right hand man at BF.

Fine chap he is too

I've always resisted going with what I consider the flavour of the month brands - you know the ones that get talked about at great length about how great they are and then suddenly the marketplace is full of them and people are on to the next one.

The Rumble combo I currently have was exactly what I needed at the time but is now too big, loud and heavy for what I need. I would have considered that a flavour of the month product but exactly what I needed.

Barefaced were at one point what I would consider to be the flavour of the month but I think things have settled down a bit (yes a bit) to the point that they can be talked about with other manufacturers constructively rather than this is the best and everything else is rubbish.

I've always went for what I needed at the time rather than the next big thing. It has taken until now for me to come to the conclusion that a One 10 is exactly what I need at this moment in time and am incredibly grateful that Alex has come up with a cab like this. None of the other ones in the range fit in with what I am looking for but this one ticks all of the boxes.

Time will tell if it is the one but I am only a couple of weeks away (hopefully) from getting it.

I think that anyone who decided to go into business themselves and punch above all the big players in the marketplace and succeed should be applauded. I certainly don't have the idea, drive or ambition to carry off anything like that.

Barefaced have created a product that probably most of us either didn't realise we needed or didn't think we'd ever be able to buy. It's not a one size fits all and may not suit what you are doing but it gives you an extra option over and above all of the big box manufacturers.

I've kind of rambled but hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

I think you`re spot on there Delbert. I`m a Barefaced fanboi, but that`s because they make products which suit my needs. If they sounded like they do but were twice the weight, then I wouldn`t bother as wouldn`t be practical for me. Likewise if they were the current weight but didn`t sound like they do, well again, would be a no. The new 410 is a great addition as I`ve always liked having a 410 & 210 set-up, use the 410 for rehearsals, drag out the pair for gigs. But having a bad back I can`t carry most brands 410s, though am ok with most 210s. So yet again BF have something which appeals. I`m just biting my nails in anticipation of the e-mail that says my 410 & 210 are ready.........

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1468520679' post='3091555']

Nah mate Bobby definitely is not Alex and definitely is his right hand man at BF.

Fine chap he is too
[/quote]

Bit late for the explanation by the looks of it.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1468520679' post='3091555']

Fine chap he is too
[/quote]

Yeah my fault - he sent me an email to explain (I thought the account was a spammer we've been having issues with, but later I found out it was the same IP as Alex so I got more confused) and I am sorry to say I never emailed him back to sort it... will get on it later today. Apologies all.

• 2 weeks later...