Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1465035233' post='3064794']
Not at all Kev, I think you`ve nailed it there. I love my Barefaced cabs, they really are the best option for me, in size, weight and tone. I`ve had many other cabs and some have been ok, some I`ve really loved, but my - insert X Factor fave word journey here - has led me to Barefaced and I`m very pleased with them. But if anyone likes another brand better, well that`s their choice, and their requirements are probably different to mine - not wrong, just different.

I`ll happily recommend BF to anyone, but where would the point be for me to say someone is wrong for not liking them - provided they`ve tried them that is. My view is no-one can objectively tell if they like a bit of gear from the way someone else is using it, as the eq selection could make it sound rubbish for example. A bit of gear needs to be tried out personally, and more often than not in a band setting, before an opinion can be reached.
[/quote]The voice of reason on BC? Arrgghh! Burn him, he's a witch! :lol: :D :lol:

Congrats to Alex C on securing a big name endorsee. It's great to see smaller manufacturers getting recognition, especially a home grown one.

I'd say the same as Lozz, I like my cabs, they may not suit everyone else but they suit my purpose, and I couldn't give a monkeys what anyone thinks/says. For the record I've also liked the sound I've had through Orange, Peavey, one Ampeg and even a Behringer cab, but I went for Barefaced when it was time to part with money.

Edited by doomed

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1464987334' post='3064532']
I think one of the reasons why is the somewhat "preachy" nature of some Barefaced owners. There are many, many very high quality cabs out there these days, which of course is awesome for us.
[/quote]

Just like hifi speakers, you reach an apex in quality where diminishing returns apply and the difference between the best brands becomes highly nuanced. Yes I'm a BF user myself but to be honest if I could hand pick cabs from any of the top half a dozen or so high end makers I'm confident I could find something that I would be happy to use at least from a pure sonic point of view from any of them hence my starting assumption if someone using any of these cab has serious sonic issues, the problem isn't the cab. I do think BF have a clear edge over the rest of field in the size/weight/power equation though which is why I use them.

[quote name='sunburstjazz1967' timestamp='1464988785' post='3064544']
You mean like the title of the thread for example, and the cryptic one it replaced? Lol
[/quote]

Huh? Its my thread and i never replaced anything.....or mentioned the BF word either :ph34r:

[quote name='sunburstjazz1967' timestamp='1465041399' post='3064877']
wasn't the title edited early on? And the bit about biscuits added?
[/quote]

dont remember doing that, but i am getting on a bit...

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1464731394' post='3062059']
There is something incredibly Anglo-Saxon about the inability to be happy for a "small" company becoming even a little succesful. Buy British in favour of American I say (and I am only half English).

Endorsements have several forms, from getting your stuff free to getting a small discount. Nothing wrong here at all.

Well done mr Claber!
[/quote] I do wonder if BareAssFace Inc. from Pennsylvania or Dortmund's BareGesicht GmbH would get the same kind of response on here.....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1465044875' post='3064912']
I do wonder if BareAssFace Inc. from Pennsylvania or Dortmund's BareGesicht GmbH would get the same kind of response on here.....
[/quote]

I think I've said this on a Barefaced thread before, but I reckon some of the attitude towards Barefaced on this forum is because anyone who has been here for a while remembers Alex posting about his DIY projects before there was a company at all, and people have trouble adjusting to them being a professional outfit now. It's like the old Scots "Kent his faither" putdown.
Small companies who had their growing pains elsewhere and arrived on Basschat fully formed don't get nearly the same treatment.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1465071090' post='3065146']
In other news, Mr. C is playing his Stingray again.
[/quote]

I thought he would be using a Maruszczyk by now...

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1465158057' post='3065741']
All of this and more is exactly why I don't come on here anymore
[/quote]

Which is a shame. I find it quite depressing that a few forum users can spoil it for some. Fortunately, the clued up, informative and helpful posters far outweigh the more tedious ones.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1465158843' post='3065762']

Which is a shame. I find it quite depressing that a few forum users can spoil it for some. Fortunately, the clued up, informative and helpful posters far outweigh the more tedious ones.
[/quote]

I feel it's always a shame when people don't extend the same courtesy as they would talking face to face. I think anonymity of usernames also plays a role in this with social media.

[quote name='sunburstjazz1967' timestamp='1465160123' post='3065780']
He smelled the biscuits I'm tellin ya, I bet he has pockets full of digestives!
[/quote]

He'll be getting all Andy Dufresne, sneaking biscuits out of here.