Why become a member? ×

NBD US G&L LB100

GazWills

morning all,

I actually picked this bass up 4-6 weeks ago, but too busy playing it to put some pics up :)

It's a 2015 G&L LB100, with the optional quartersawn maple neck, in a gorgeous burst that the pics don't really do justice. Nice weight, and it plays like a dream.

It sounds quite unique for a P, I think. So much more clarity to the notes than my 2011 US Fender P, and a lot brighter. I'm actually struggling to gel with the tone of it through my full rig in a band setting, it's a lot brighter / almost hi-fi than I'm used to with the Fender... giving it a proper chance though, as it every other way I love it (cue the inevitable FS thread next month, haha!)

The pics from my mobile aren't that great, but it's a looker for sure...

Very lovely. :)

G&L pups do take some getting used, worth persevering with though. I've found that the mixing of the tone/volume controls on G&L instruments really gets a pleasing end result. Have to admit to not being experienced with the LB100 but I've had and gigged a few SB1's and SB2's.

The wiring diagram for the LB-100 ([url="http://www.glguitars.com/schematics/LB-100_schematic_blockdiagram.pdf"]http://www.glguitars...lockdiagram.pdf[/url]) shows a .022 cap which won't cut as much treble as a standard .047 (or .01) cap. It also has a treble bleed cap across the volume pot. Changing the tone cap and losing the bleed cap is an easy fix and should get you into regular P territory if that's your preference.

Edited by ikay

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1464533658' post='3060137']
Just out of interest - Is it an Ash Body? Or Alder?
[/quote]

It's 2 piece Alder, here's part of the custom build spec sheet:

Edited by GazWills