Why become a member? ×

Behringer BD121 - good deal heads up

casapete

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1464966112' post='3064237']
The printed sheet that comes with the pedal has the sample settings for the lead guitar version, but the online PDF on the Beringer website has the bass settings.
[/quote]right, that clears that up then, thanks, bit naff though, how much effort is required to enclose the right instruction sheet?

Mine arrived today. I'm a bit worried I've got a duff one as the drive knob does very little - it seems to act as a volume control until the very last turn of the knob when a heavy (and quite unpleasant) farty overdrive kicks in.
Surely this isn't normal?

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1464995969' post='3064607']
Mine arrived today. I'm a bit worried I've got a duff one as the drive knob does very little - it seems to act as a volume control until the very last turn of the knob when a heavy (and quite unpleasant) farty overdrive kicks in.
[/quote]mines the same now you mention it

[/quote]

Mines pretty much the same, no drive at all until 3 o`clock, then if hit hard there`s a bit of drive. Anywhere onwards it`s a bit buzzy. But then this is home use, not tried it at band settings yet.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1465066146' post='3065115']
I mean it! The examples in the instructions are for the guitar version.
[/quote]there you go courtesy of tauzero https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0294/BDI21_P0294_M_EN.pdf
the instructions in the box are a complete f*** up

I bought one a few weeks ago. It does what it says it does for a very low price. I'll always carry mine in my gig bag as an emergency DI box.

I didn't read the instructions, it's a fairly straightforward pedal, I just play around with it to find the sound I want. It certainly adds depth and warth to my signal. A keeper for me.

EDIT. Mark me down as not disappointed :)

Edited by Marvin

We`re doing a preamp/DI pedal shootout tomorrow at the Herts Bass Bash, the BDI21 being one of the pedals included. I`ll link the results to this topic.

Here we are, links to the shootout below:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/284022-herts-bass-bash-2016-preampdi-pedal-shootout/

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1465068039' post='3065132']
We`re doing a preamp/DI pedal shootout tomorrow at the Herts Bass Bash, the BDI21 being one of the pedals included. I`ll link the results to this topic.
[/quote]
Great, thanks.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1465067384' post='3065123']
there you go courtesy of tauzero [url="https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0294/BDI21_P0294_M_EN.pdf"]https://media.music-..._P0294_M_EN.pdf[/url]
the instructions in the box are a complete f*** up
[/quote]
Ta! And tnx 2 'zero!

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1465067410' post='3065124']
Is the overall opinion tipping towards "disappointing" rather than "positive"?
[/quote]it's a good pedal for £20, adds a bit of overdrive which I like, and works as a DI box if you think you'll need it, but I'll keep using my Zoom B1on which does the same thing and a lot more besides, but I'll be keeping it, you never know when it'll come in handy, so a positive I suppose

[/quote]
[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1465026888' post='3064707']
mines the same now you mention it
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1465034142' post='3064780']
Mines pretty much the same, no drive at all until 3 o`clock, then if hit hard there`s a bit of drive. Anywhere onwards it`s a bit buzzy. But then this is home use, not tried it at band settings yet.
[/quote]

Mine's the same, but not just the drive - all the controls seem to work that way to a greater or lesser extent.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1465067410' post='3065124']
Is the overall opinion tipping towards "disappointing" rather than "positive"?
[/quote]

I've been using my Sansamp BDDI for the last 9 years and I can't see me retiring it any time soon, but for twenty quid you can't really be too disappointed with the BDI21. It sounds alright and it'd get you out of a fix - errant beer doesn't distinguish between cheap and expensive pedals, after all! Personally I plan to keep it in the emergency spares box and offer its services to bassists from other bands who rock up to gigs expecting (misguidedly) to use my amp.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago - I bought second hand and it's in 'like new' condition, with all instructions, box etc. Only gave it a quick whirl to make sure it wasn't goosed, but noticed that it instantly beefed up my sound. Heftiness! Also, I now have a DI box. Win/win, and only £16. I don't imagine it will have the toneshaping capabilities of a more expensive pedal, but it's a welcome and useful addition to my rig, for sure.

Edited by Funky Dunky