Why become a member? ×

*Now SOLD*
£2000

Mikkel-S

A careful feeler.. This bass is amazing.. But I am not really feeling 5 strings on fretless to be honest. So I am thinking about moving this MONSTER of a fretless. Absolutely stunning in every aspect. Ridiculously lightweight (3kgs), extremely responsive and resonant bass.. Perfect playability. Nothing to NOT like. However this bass has been played.. ALOT. Professionally by Dave Swift (original owner). Alot of pick wear on the top if you look closely. I dont care - but it needs to be mentioned.

Walnut top, Alder body. Mahogany neck and ebony board. Piezo and individual volume for B-E and A-D-G.. Custom option made especially on Daves request.

Original Rob Allen case included.. In funky faux alligator skin finish..

(Sorry about pictures.. bad lighting.. Will supply better ones as soon as the rain clears)

Edited by Mikkel-S

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1463957950' post='3055390']...
How does the volume setting work?...
[/quote]

From the Rob Allen site ...

[url="http://www.roballenguitars.com/deep4_5.html"]Deep 4-5 ...[/url]

[quote]...volume, and stacked bass/treble control on bridge...[/quote]

Out of my reach, too, but a 'bucket list' bass, for me. Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1463957950' post='3055390']
Wow. Far outside my price range, or my skill, sadly.

How does the volume setting work? Is there a control inside the electronics cavity?
[/quote]

The controls are integrated in the bridge. Stacked volume / volume for B-E strings and A-D-G. And stacked bass/treble.

[quote name='Mikkel-S' timestamp='1463983519' post='3055437']
The controls are integrated in the bridge. Stacked volume / volume for B-E strings and A-D-G. And stacked bass/treble.
[/quote]

Ah, now I understand. An elegant solution. Thank you. Good luck with the sale!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I did not see this. I would have done something very stupid that I could not have afforded.