Why become a member? ×

Amazing Stingray tone - Ged Grimes, Simple Minds live video

Mudpup

Just fell over this last night whilst browsing youtube.......

I used to quite like Simple Minds (around the New Gold Dream era i suppose) but felt they went off the boil long ago - looks like they've got their mojo back more recently

This performance is awesome and has maybe my favourite Stingray tone - and Ged really nails the groove Derek Forbes brought to the band years ago

[url="https://youtu.be/sh15VP1to-4"]https://youtu.be/sh15VP1to-4[/url]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sh15VP1to-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1463692252' post='3053479']

Yeah, I wish they sounded that nice when I played them.
[/quote]

I had this problem for ages too, Lozz. I bought (funnily enough seeing as he started the thread) Mudpup's USA SUB. It's a 2 band and sounds quite different to my old 3 band. In conjunction with more subtle EQ'ing (as opposed to the common method of maxing everything) I'm now getting that sound myself!

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1463735064' post='3053663']
I had this problem for ages too, Lozz. I bought (funnily enough seeing as he started the thread) Mudpup's USA SUB. It's a 2 band and sounds quite different to my old 3 band. In conjunction with more subtle EQ'ing (as opposed to the common method of maxing everything) I'm now getting that sound myself!
[/quote]

That particular SUB is possessed! There's something special going on with that bass........hope youre enjoying it :-)

[quote name='E sharp' timestamp='1463776993' post='3054077']
This is great . I've always been finger style only , and now trying to use a pick for the first time in 30 yrs . This is exactly the pick style I'm looking at - what a great player
[/quote]

Its a great example of how to lock in with a fab drummer too. Ged is playing pretty loose over the drums but they just sound so comfortable together - what a rhythm section!

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1463747036' post='3053792']

That particular SUB is possessed! There's something special going on with that bass........hope youre enjoying it :-)
[/quote]

Absolutely Jon! It's a ridiculously good bass that I bought from you with the idea of having it as a good quality backup to my Warwick Streamer LX. It's turned out to be easily the equal of it and in some ways I prefer the SUB. So much of that Stingray vibe but ballsier! Absolutely bloody steal at the prices they go for!