Why become a member? ×

A single what I gone did.

Cameronj279

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1463534352' post='3052152']
So my band finally released a single...
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167486]

Nothing to add. Nothing to take away. Nigh on perfection. Special mention for (well, everyone, really..!), but I [i]do [/i]like that discreet blast beat punctuation from the drums. Bass tone..? Ideal for the job. Guitars..? Suitably panned, suitably together, suitably apart. The singing..? Spot on, including BV's. Best production job I've heard in a fair while. Good, solid lyrics, perfectly audible, splendid sober video...
I could go on, but you'd only get even more embarrassed. Well done; congratulations to all involved.

Edit: I could comment on the grammar of this topic's title, but I assume that it's a deliberate, provocative jest, so I won't. ;)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1463535877' post='3052154']

Nothing to add. Nothing to take away. Nigh on perfection. Special mention for (well, everyone, really..!), but I [i]do [/i]like that discreet blast beat punctuation from the drums. Bass tone..? Ideal for the job. Guitars..? Suitably panned, suitably together, suitably apart. The singing..? Spot on, including BV's. Best production job I've heard in a fair while. Good, solid lyrics, perfectly audible, splendid sober video...
I could go on, but you'd only get even more embarrassed. Well done; congratulations to all involved.
[/quote]

By the discreet blast beat punctuation, if its the bit I think you're talking about he never done that until the recording day so ended up in me changing my part slightly on the day!

Thank you for the kind comments though! :D

This is the more 'normal' of the 4 songs recorded, the other 3 will be out some point soonish and make a little less sense :lol:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1463535877' post='3052154']

Edit: I could comment on the grammar of this topic's title, but I assume that it's a deliberate, provocative jest, so I won't. ;)
[/quote]

It was done at 2am after I had a bottle of wine so it was done in jest or I was too easily affected by the wine :blink:

Also thanks for the kind comments folks! :D

Great song, great sound! I especially love the big fat bass sound, and when you kick in that dirt!!!! YES!!! What's the dirt pedal/amp?

...seeing as the mix is near perfect I just can't help myself... the snare gets lost on the 2 loudest sections.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1463580577' post='3052526']
... and is therefore all the more effective when it returns..! Change nothing. ;)

:lol: :P
[/quote]

I wasn't suggesting they change it! It sounds great! I'm just a bit of a bastard... and I've been writing lists of tiny changes I need to make to about 20 of my own mixes so I'm stuck in that sort of "detail mode"

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1463577469' post='3052476']
Great song, great sound! I especially love the big fat bass sound, and when you kick in that dirt!!!! YES!!! What's the dirt pedal/amp?

...seeing as the mix is near perfect I just can't help myself... the snare gets lost on the 2 loudest sections.
[/quote]

I'm using a Darkglass B3K and TC Hyper Gravity compressor. The amp was a Genz Benz shuttle 9 into an Ampeg 8x10 😊

Edited by Cameronj279

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1463595326' post='3052730']
I'm using a Darkglass B3K and TC Hyper Gravity compressor. The amp was a Genz Benz shuttle 9 into an Ampeg 8x10
[/quote]

Thanks! Do you know if most of the signal is from the mic or DI? Do you know the mic?

Anyway, it's an awesome sound

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1463661880' post='3053187']

Thanks! Do you know if most of the signal is from the mic or DI? Do you know the mic?

Anyway, it's an awesome sound
[/quote]

I'm not totally sure to be honest. There was 3 signals in total if I remember right. A DI before my pedals, a DI from the amp and then the mic'd cabinet. I'm not really sure how he's mixed them or the mic he used

• 3 weeks later...