Why become a member? ×

Eurovision 2016

woodenshirt

Is anybody going to be watching The Eurovision Song Contest tonight?

I usually watch it, but this year I'll be definitely watching it because I know Jake Shakeshaft who is one half of Joe and Jake (the UK entry with the song "You're Not Alone"). If you didn't know, they met on "The Voice" when they appeared on the show last year and have done rather well for themselves since (a nice deal with Sony records as well as the Eurovision gig)

Jake's sung with my band "Start The Car" at a couple of practices, a few years ago (before his fame). He's a great bloke, with a fantastic voice...... he did an amazing version of Dakota by The Stereophonics at one practice (he can really belt out those rock numbers). Also we did a gig with him at a charity event, when he did a great set - just him with his acoustic - you could tell he had something about him.

I think the song that they will be singing tonight is very catchy and should do well. But they may not do that well, because let's face it, they are representing the UK and we don't always get that many points for some reason - was it something we said or did?

I know we in the UK can't vote for them, but if any of you Euro Bassists out there could vote for them, that would be great - just thought I'd ask.

Do you guys think they have got any chance?

Anyway, I thought I'd just ask if you were going to watch it just to see if someone says..... "You're not alone", because I'm watching it. :rolleyes:

Good luck Joe and Jake!

Mart

[quote name='woodenshirt' timestamp='1463240218' post='3049872']
Do you guys think they have got any chance?
[/quote]

Honestly? Not a hope in hell. They'll be right at the bottom of the voting like the UK has been for years.

I think the UK has fully deserved the poor votes they've for ages now to be honest, our entries have been atrocious even by Eurovision standards.

I would also rather watch Bubinga5's cat having a 5hit.

It is however pretty much guaranteed I'll be subjected to it, so if it's unavoidable I'm going to use it as an exercise in establishing the key and progression for each tune. A couple of high quality beers will help dull the pain too.

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1463248703' post='3049977']
I would also rather watch Bubinga5's cat having a 5hit.

It is however pretty much guaranteed I'll be subjected to it, so if it's unavoidable I'm going to use it as an exercise in establishing the key and progression for each tune. A couple of high quality beers will help dull the pain too.
[/quote]
I like that idea :)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1463246984' post='3049954']
i would rather watch my cat have a sh*t.
[/quote]

I would rather watch some of those tasty foreign birds have......................No sorry i cant write that :blink:

Edited by YouMa