Why become a member? ×

Constant annoying hum/noise from (new) active ACG bass

Aero71

Glad that you sort of sorted it. You'd be amazed at the random things that can cause interference. Two personal examples. I have a Seiko Kinetic watch that I just love (one of the self charging ones). Was setting up one day and when I'd finished I stood waiting for the sound guy to finish off his set up. He was taking ages so I asked what the problem was. He said that there was a sort of intermittent regular clicking coming through the PA. Turned out it was the mechanism of my watch being picked up by the bass.

Fine, so no I take my watch off for gigs and put it in my back pocket. About 18 months ago it was back but I wasn't wearing my watch. The reason? I have Type 1 Diabetes and I'd just moved over from injections to an insulin pump. And sure enough the little stepper motor in my pump was making a little tik-tik-tik noise that the bass was picking up.

PS In the room below your noisy corner you don't happen to have a light fitting with low voltage lights like G10s or similar? Those run off a transformer to convert the 240v to 12v. They can be very noisy..

Wow, quite some examples.

I did some tests in the house, unplugging things and stuff, but no result.
I do have actually low voltage lights in my bathroom, but that's far away from the faulty corner.

Can't think of something else interfering.
Guess I just have to avoid that corner.

Thanks everyone for their tips and input!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1463596547' post='3052747']
So now we know. The body hidden under the floorboards in that corner has a Seiko watch and an insulin pump. :mellow:
[/quote]
[quote name='Aero71' timestamp='1463600646' post='3052781']

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

+1... Heck, +several!

• 2 years later...
On 15/05/2016 at 12:39, JapanAxe said:

Does your TV aerial have a mast-head amplifier?

Tried switching off and it doesn’t seem to make too much difference at ours. The power line ethernet on the other hand really does make a difference.

I have a similar issue to the OP at the moment but I’ve given up trying to get to the bottom of it! In my house, certain basses through certain amps = buzz. 

Edited by Deedee