Why become a member? ×

Lady Gaga to play Cilla Black

Happy Jack

I'm a bit disappointed that the casting director has decided to play it safe and go for the obvious choice of Ms Gaga. She is so blatantly influenced by our Cilla, and is such a similar artist, that surely it would have been better to choose a more 'off-the-wall' candidate? ;)

[quote name='MrDaveTheBass' timestamp='1463146984' post='3049039']
I'm a bit disappointed that the casting director has decided to play it safe and go for the obvious choice of Ms Gaga. She is so blatantly influenced by our Cilla, and is such a similar artist, that surely it would have been better to choose a more 'off-the-wall' candidate? ;)
[/quote]

The director has taken exactly the same "play it safe" route using Kanye West as Burt Bacharach.

[quote name='zbd1960' timestamp='1463166354' post='3049271']
*cough* I was involved with the Sheridan Smith 'Cilla' in a minor way and I was impressed with her singing
[/quote]

She was very good in the TV programme but doubt she would be on the US radar. Also she seems to be having personal issues at the moment, as she has pulled out of her West End show. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. :(

[quote name='MrDaveTheBass' timestamp='1463146984' post='3049039']
[/quote]

Finally!

Nice to see something positive said about one of your own brilliant artists from the 60s.

I've always been a fan.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1463618570' post='3052908']
Finally!

Nice to see something positive said about one of your own brilliant artists from the 60s.

I've always been a fan.

Blue
[/quote]

? ? ? :blink:

Gerroff..!

Edited by Dad3353

I think Dad's puzzlement is perhaps more due to this thread being about Lady Gaga playing the role of Cilla Black (or not) rather than about Cilla Black.

I guess Blue thinks we undervalue our Cilla just like on-one over here likes the Beatles. :D