Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Plus

JohnFitzgerald

Anyone have / had one ?

I had the use of a hired one last weekend.
(flying my own bass there and back would have cost £130, this was £55 and was beautifully set up with fresh strings).

I now want one and it seems they're quite rare.
This had lace sensor pickups and Kubicki electronics.
Made around 1990-92 I think, in the USA.

Looked sort of like this.

[attachment=219206:FenderStanBody01W.jpg]

[attachment=219207:StanTB.jpg]

I was £55 from Bauder Audio in Pennsylvania. That was delivered to the gig and I had it available to me for the three days of the festival. I took it out of the case on the first day, it played lovely, and I left it alone after that. I then grabbed it again at load in to warm it up in my hands, played the gig, then handed it back.

I'll maybe contact Bauder and ask for a price to buy the thing.

I have one! The age is right on, it was when Kubicki was with Fender and the necks are 'his' as well as the electrics. The body is slightly scaled down and the bass is really comfortable. I was lucky enough to get the 5 string from a guy in Portugal and it has some fingernail marks down the neck (no clue how you make these). It's a blue, slightly burst metallic; great hardware too. They are rare for sure and a few folks who have played them and know of them appreciate just how good they were.......almost the first crop of Super Jazzes.

Good luck with the hunt.

It's a little like the Fender 'Cowpoke' Precision Special in a way - that had Kubiki-designed electronics and the body shape's not dissimilar to my eyes

Like [url="http://s94.photobucket.com/user/bigtreebluesea/media/DSC05027b.jpg.html"]this'n[/url]

Edited by ahpook