Why become a member? ×

BASS IS - new shop in Peterboro

TheGreek

I was talking to Nick Smith (Doctor of the Bass) the other day and he was telling me about his new shop in Peterborough.

He is the stockist for Enfield Basses (see link below), does sales (including commissions), tuition and accessories. After some discussion Nick recommended the SimS system pick ups going into my current build with Andyjr1515.

Everybody who knows Nick knows what a lovely fella he is and, I'm sure, will want to support Nick in this venture.

Shop details: 01733 311 469
BASS IS
Unit 6 Belgic Square
Peterborough
PE1 5XF

Email: [email protected]

Enfield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV8MV9WzHaA

Good luck Nick

That bass wiring is a stroke of genius. The fact that you can tell exactly what pickup is on what option, at a glance, is a brilliant idea.

Ok, you may not remember how you've balanced the pickups ( bridge only, neck only, both ) as thats just a knob, but still wonderful concept

The other is that the DB level sorts itself out no matter which of the single coil / split coil / humbucker combos is used. That is worth its weight in gold right there.

The combination options are somewhat over the top though. Its like having 15 pickups, as he said, there are 15 different combinations to choose, although my maths says there are more

Having said all that, i think the bass and Martins ideas are out of this world and would buy one in a heartbeat. Could this be unique in the bass world ? I'm sure i'm wrong , but i dont remember seeing a bass with those LED pups and those switching options anywhere before

http://www.enfieldguitars.com/englishrosegallery.html

Edited by fleabag

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' timestamp='1462918788' post='3047039']
Cheers Mick!

Thanks guys! As noted above, the shop will be fully up and running by the end of this month, will be by appointment only so do contact me if you want to come check it out! I have 5 Enfield basses in stock for you to fall in love with!

01733 311469 or 07961 880770

Cheers!!!

Nick
[/quote] just out of interest do you have any info on gear you will be stocking apart from the Enfield stuff (thinking amp wise)

Edited by Joebethell

Thanks again for all the interest! I will be stocking decent secondhand bass amps to begin with, and once we get up and running I would like to talk to small independent makers of both amps and basses. The main stock selection will be in the most part my own private collection - I have far too many basses and it will be nice to take interesting basses in as trades or indeed commission sales. Enfield has a good presence and will be adding to the current selection in time! Web-wise, I will be starting a Facebook page and then a pukka site will follow, this is being done on a budget so rather than go in with massive loans or other finance, I want to build it slowly - call me old fashioned but my heart is still rooted in 1987 when I started out in bass retail aged 16 with Music Village! Hoping to recapture those magic days of bass!!!